• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

As an eBayer for comic books...

72 posts in this topic

How long do you wait to pay for an auction you have won, on average?

How long do you wait to get paid for an auction, on average?

I am just curious, and a little antsy, as for the first time in a while, I have not one, but two people taking days to pay for auctions instead of hours or even mere minutes. I know I got spoiled, so I am not whining about anything really, but it made me wonder about the two questions above.

I personally pay almost as soon as the auction ends. I am pretty sure I have taken more than 2 days to pay someone only a handful of times in my 10+ years on the 'Bay. And as I mentioned above, at least for what my memory recalls, I probably get more than 90% of my sold auctions paid for within 12 hours.

Let's hear your eBay experiences!

:)

-slym

I always pay immediately and don't trip if I don't get paid immediately. I don't need the money right away and I can relist if I have to. After about 10 days I send a friendly courtesy message. This is one thing that just doesn't bug me at all.

Sellers withholding FB, however.....

As a buyer, I pay as soon as I win. As a seller, I have a policy, which is included in my listings, that payment must be received within seven days. If not, I will have to file a non-paying bidder case.

I've had two or three people not pay in the past. I simply report them and get my Final Value Fee back then relist or offer a second chance to the next highest bidder.

I pay almost immediately most times usually. :insane:

I go by a 2 day rule as a seller. If the buyer hasn't paid within 2 days/48 hours, then I expect problems. I still wait 7 days to open a case and I never send separate messages asking for payment.

I pay when the auction ends if I'm home. Otherwise I pay within a day, next time I get around to getting on the computer, which is never too long. I'm on it every day unless I'm out of town, and I don't bid on auctions that I know are going to end when I'm going to be away from the computer for several days. I could pay on my phone, but I don't like to have that kind of stuff on my phone just in case I forget it somewhere.

For all the "instant payers"....what about combined shipping?

Yes in that case I sent a msg before bidding and sometimes after for an invoice then I pay immediately upon receipt.

For all the "instant payers"....what about combined shipping?

For combined wins I email the seller immediately after winning the first auction, and let them know that there are other auctions of theirs that I will be bidding in, and that I will message them again when the last one is over to request a combined shipping price invoice, and upon receiving it, I will pay it right away.

I pay within 24 hours, usually as soon as I get an alert that I won if I wasn't already watching. If the seller has other auctions I'm interested in that won't end for a few days, I will contact them to make sure it's okay if I wait to pay until after they have all run.

As a seller I don't send an invoice for several hours or even a day, as most buyers pay without one. If I still haven't been paid after 5 or 6 days, i will send a reminder. In almost every case I've been paid rather quickly after that. I think people legitimately forget they haven't paid sometimes. The only NPB I ever had was in the early days of ebay for a ten dollar item. First they apologized after not responding for a week or so and said they would get the money off right away. Then a week later they claimed they had sent the money right after the auction ended ( this was pre-paypal) and were tired of getting ripped off on ebay, but filed no complaint nor left feedback.

I pay instantly. For sales, I give two days then send an invoice. if no communication from bidder, I tell them to pay or at least reply. Failing that,I offer mutual cancellation. Failing that, I open a case and leave them positive feedback with a note to the world that they are a non paying bidder. It's not fair to the guy who got sniped. I couldn't care less about the $10 or $20 because I can relist.