• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show your March 2014 Comiclink auction wins

56 posts in this topic

I just got my kicked with Marvel Spotlight 5.... $3450+ in 9.6. I had a high in for $3000 too.. Ouch!

The winner must have drunk bid that. 26 9.6s in the census. I figure everyone has big hopes of winning and pressing up to the what would be the 3rd 9.8...

I don't think it would press to a 9.8. There was a couple of spine ticks I think I saw in the scan. I just wanted it and it was white pages with nice registration.

The 2nd 9.8 that just sold was absolutely disgusting looking and I'm not sure if the buyer of that 9.8 was aware of a second one in 9.8 because it usually impacts the pricing. A board member owned the first 9.8. I think he wanted a lot. Then it was resold a couple of times; once on Heritage too. If it ever comes up, I'll take the shot, but I would be happy with a nice white 9.6...

I just got my kicked with Marvel Spotlight 5.... $3450+ in 9.6. I had a high in for $3000 too.. Ouch!

The winner must have drunk bid that. 26 9.6s in the census. I figure everyone has big hopes of winning and pressing up to the what would be the 3rd 9.8...

I don't think it would press to a 9.8. There was a couple of spine ticks I think I saw in the scan. I just wanted it and it was white pages with nice registration.

The 2nd 9.8 that just sold was absolutely disgusting looking and I'm not sure if the buyer of that 9.8 was aware of a second one in 9.8 because it usually impacts the pricing. A board member owned the first 9.8. I think he wanted a lot. Then it was resold a couple of times; once on Heritage too. If it ever comes up, I'll take the shot, but I would be happy with a nice white 9.6...

I don't think it will press to a 9.8 either, but its wrong for me to speculate if that is what the winner is thinking. Absolutely agree that the book you bid on presents beautifully and is a great book, but the fact that it sold for approaching 2x GPA scared me off, plain and simple. Unfortunately it probably ushers in a new price plateau for that book going forward.

I don't think it will press to a 9.8 either, but its wrong for me to speculate if that is what the winner is thinking. Absolutely agree that the book you bid on presents beautifully and is a great book, but the fact that it sold for approaching 2x GPA scared me off, plain and simple. Unfortunately it probably ushers in a new price plateau for that book going forward.

Given that it is an old Schmell book, I would hazard a guess that any potential it has, has already been milked out of it.

Thrilled to win this one.

I have but a few collections (SS by the greats, Green Lantern, and GA Sci-Fi)

This book hit in two of my collections!

I have been keeping an eye out for an affordable Stan signature on a book he worked on, and preferably something from the "glory days" of golden age comics. The fact that this is Sci-Fi is just a great bonus.

Looking at the names on this book, Kirby, Ditko, Sinnott and others... this was "bullpen" creating at its best. It conjurs images of Stan throwing out the barebones of a story idea to each of the artists, and the artists fleshing out the story and drawing their creation. I think its a fine book to have Stan's signature on it.

Knowing just how much Stan signed, I refused to pay more than what it would cost me to just "create" my own Stan SS book, and this one fell below that bar.

It has the nice added bonus of being a sig from 2009 before Stan was scribbling his heart out to churn as many signatures out as possible. A totally legible and cohesive "Stan Lee" signature, well placed... well I just couldn't ask for more!

jYWU86Q.jpg

I don't know what happened with this book. I swear I placed a bid in the closing seconds that was higher than the final sale price but did not win. Sometimes trying to snipe backfires.

RAD06695201436_112245_zpsfc3ccc6e.jpg

SA X-Men seemed to be going for cheap prices.

While this GSX 1 when for $1275

GSX190_zps4661be1f.jpg

still waiting on an answer for that AF 15 .5 very curious what it went for as well BUMP Nicest .5 Ive ever seen (back cover must be a mess?_

Final bid was $3,905 (+3% BP +SH). Thank you, I'm very excited to get it. The back cover has a nice tear, but I was never an as s man. :shy:

RADB6FBC2014324_131623.jpg

still waiting on an answer for that AF 15 .5 very curious what it went for as well BUMP Nicest .5 Ive ever seen (back cover must be a mess?_

Final bid was $3,905 (+3% BP +SH). Thank you, I'm very excited to get it. The back cover has a nice tear, but I was never an as s man. :shy:

RADB6FBC2014324_131623.jpg

Better a chunk out on the back cover than on the front. It's still a great pickup.

:gossip: And if you write a check you don't have to pay the 3% BP, which on a book of this magnitude adds up to some real money...

Thrilled to win this one.

I have but a few collections (SS by the greats, Green Lantern, and GA Sci-Fi)

This book hit in two of my collections!

I have been keeping an eye out for an affordable Stan signature on a book he worked on, and preferably something from the "glory days" of golden age comics. The fact that this is Sci-Fi is just a great bonus.

Looking at the names on this book, Kirby, Ditko, Sinnott and others... this was "bullpen" creating at its best. It conjurs images of Stan throwing out the barebones of a story idea to each of the artists, and the artists fleshing out the story and drawing their creation. I think its a fine book to have Stan's signature on it.

Knowing just how much Stan signed, I refused to pay more than what it would cost me to just "create" my own Stan SS book, and this one fell below that bar.

It has the nice added bonus of being a sig from 2009 before Stan was scribbling his heart out to churn as many signatures out as possible. A totally legible and cohesive "Stan Lee" signature, well placed... well I just couldn't ask for more!

jYWU86Q.jpg

:applause:

You can actually read the "Lee" :insane:lol

missed on my one other target (Space Western Comics)... probably should have gone higher but oh well..

I probably would have bid on a consolation prize, but they all closed before my main target, so just the one Stan Lee SS book for me this time...