• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's up with PGX these days........

33 posts in this topic

The website is garbage, they never answer their phones, and they never return phone calls. Is this place ran out of a garage or something.

I guess I am really just trying to check out their census info (not that it would be accurate or anything) but of course that hasn't worked for months.

If anybody knows how to access their census, or at least the most recent info, please let me know.

Thanks.......

This is SOP for that "Grading Company", so is swapping customer first print TMNT 1 with 3rd print TMNT 1, having employees direct submit cracked CGC resto franken-books and re-grading them as unrestored, micro-trimming books and grading them as unrestored. Send your books to them at your own peril.

doh! Give me a break. There is no way that actually happened.

This is SOP for that "Grading Company", so is swapping customer first print TMNT 1 with 3rd print TMNT 1

For anyone that hasn't seen this.

I know there is speculation that the video linked in the thread is a fake, but why take a chance?

The real question is why crack a book you just had graded and video record it. I'm not defending PGX (after all they DID put the wrong label on it), but this in my mind was an opportunistic fellow who got a gift when they mis-marked his reprint issue.

This is SOP for that "Grading Company", so is swapping customer first print TMNT 1 with 3rd print TMNT 1

For anyone that hasn't seen this.

I know there is speculation that the video linked in the thread is a fake, but why take a chance?

The real question is why crack a book you just had graded and video record it. I'm not defending PGX (after all they DID put the wrong label on it), but this in my mind was an opportunistic fellow who got a gift when they mis-marked his reprint issue.

The guy who posted the video got the TMNT1 back from PGX in Oct 2010 and cracked in Dec 2010. And maybe the video is fake, maybe it was an honest mistake, but when high grade/high dollar books are at stake, mistakes are simply not acceptable. See the link below for some other damning evidence of PGX's grading practices, should be required reading IMO.

http://www.justafanboy.com/PGX/

This.

The guy who posted the video got the TMNT1 back from PGX in Oct 2010 and cracked in Dec 2010. And maybe the video is fake, maybe it was an honest mistake, but when high grade/high dollar books are at stake, mistakes are simply not acceptable.

I agree. :whistle: My point that MagicDan is full of it and was able to scam PGX out of (something - we don't know what) still stands.

See the link below for some other damning evidence of PGX's grading practices, should be required reading IMO.

Yeah, PGX is terrible. Is that some kind of secret?

The guy who posted the video got the TMNT1 back from PGX in Oct 2010 and cracked in Dec 2010. And maybe the video is fake, maybe it was an honest mistake, but when high grade/high dollar books are at stake, mistakes are simply not acceptable.

I agree. :whistle: My point that MagicDan is full of it and was able to scam PGX out of (something - we don't know what) still stands.

See the link below for some other damning evidence of PGX's grading practices, should be required reading IMO.

Yeah, PGX is terrible. Is that some kind of secret?

Yes. It is a secret to them. Or him or whatever.