• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dexter as Daredevil Hmmmmm...

95 posts in this topic

Michael C Hall was the one aspect of Dexter than didn't go to complete mess as that series was coming to an end.

Is it worth watching past season 4?

My fiance refuses to watch after

Rita was murdered. She really liked that character.

I watched Dexter from start to finish through it's run on television and seasons 1-2 are some of the best in television history. Seasons 3-4 are very good as well with season 5-8 being optional depending on how much you've become invested in the series after the first 4 seasons. The latter seasons (5-8) the writers have no where to go and start spinning out of control. The series finale is regarded as one of the worst in television history and I can't say I disagree.

P.S. I am all for Michael C. Hall as DD but wouldn't the studios want someone younger? They would want to sign the actor to a long term contract expanding several movies as they tend to do, no?

And this. The last episode was very disappointing.

If only they would film the alternate ending. :cry:

What was the alternate ending? I hated the fact that they killed off an important character when it was totally unnecessary.

I was a late comer to Dexter. First two seasons were great but I didn't become vested in the show only because I kept hearing the later season's sucked. I don't have a ton of time for tv so I'm choosy about what I watch. Plus the whole 'serial killer with a conscious' was something I didn't bite on. Hall is a fabulous actor tho and would be cool to see him as DD.

Michael C Hall was the one aspect of Dexter than didn't go to complete mess as that series was coming to an end.

I watched Dexter from start to finish through it's run on television and seasons 1-2 are some of the best in television history. Seasons 3-4 are very good as well with season 5-8 being optional depending on how much you've become invested in the series after the first 4 seasons. The latter seasons (5-8) the writers have no where to go and start spinning out of control. The series finale is regarded as one of the worst in television history and I can't say I disagree.

P.S. I am all for Michael C. Hall as DD but wouldn't the studios want someone younger? They would want to sign the actor to a long term contract expanding several movies as they tend to do, no?

What was the alternate ending? I hated the fact that they killed off an important character when it was totally unnecessary.

The ending that the origininal ?executive producer? had was to have a flashback episode where at the end Dexter wakes up about to get his lethal injection. All of the main characters are in the viewing area with his victims behind them. This has the potential to be as good as the ending of 6 feet under. Nothing can beat that but it could have come close.

I was a late comer to Dexter. First two seasons were great but I didn't become vested in the show only because I kept hearing the later season's sucked. I don't have a ton of time for tv so I'm choosy about what I watch. Plus the whole 'serial killer with a conscious' was something I didn't bite on. Hall is a fabulous actor tho and would be cool to see him as DD.

You should watch 2 more seasons. You are missing the best season.

The ending that the origininal ?executive producer? had was to have a flashback episode where at the end Dexter wakes up about to get his lethal injection. All of the main characters are in the viewing area with his victims behind them. This has the potential to be as good as the ending of 6 feet under. Nothing can beat that but it could have come close.

That would have been much better. I haven't seen Six Feet Under but maybe I'll give it a try...

You should watch 2 more seasons. You are missing the best season.

Hmmmm then I will venture forth

Six Feet Under is fantastic and does have the greatest ending ever for a TV show.

:cloud9:

I'm sitting in front of the TV wondering what to watch. Time to break out the Box set! The only Box set I own until I buy Breaking Bad.

Six Feet Under is fantastic and does have the greatest ending ever for a TV show.

:cloud9:

I'm sitting in front of the TV wondering what to watch. Time to break out the Box set! The only Box set I own until I buy Breaking Bad.

I judge the quality of a TV show if I'm prepared to watch it more than once.

This is one of those rare shows.

He is a great actor and I'm proud that he's from Raleigh.

It takes great ability to go from that character in this show to the one in Dexter.

Kudos!

:applause: