• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Peter Panzerfaust 2

19 posts in this topic

sorry bud, that purchase must of been 'tuff, I know you were expecting a 9.4 but with all the spine ticks on the front cover and the back cover with all those color breaking creases and all that scoffing on the back cover I'd have to say, that's probably more like a....

sorry to disappoint you, I would not send that to get graded and pressing will probably not help that book.

Those color breaking stress marks along the back spine bring it down. Along with the chipping along the edges.

Most inexperienced ebay sellers grade comics based on the front cover alone. It's like they don't even look at the back cover at all.

Those color breaking stress marks along the back spine bring it down. Along with the chipping along the edges.

Most inexperienced ebay sellers grade comics based on the front cover alone. It's like they don't even look at the back cover at all.

I'm not so sure that the spine stresses break colour. My experience with the dark covers tells me that most of the time the "colour break" that you think you are seeing is actually the scanner bulb reflection and nothing more. There is a stress line there but it doesn't break colour!

Back to you Conan! Does it break colour or are we seeing the scanner reflection.....???hangin.gif

I can't wait for the answer?

These break color, trust me, in a high res scan, it's clearer, the ones that look like but aren't are in those small lower res scans. Trust me, they break color, further more, if you look closely on the front edge of the spine, what may look like a blurry scan is actually a very thin line of smudging all along the front spine.

It's a big picture with a high res can, how can anyone convince themselves it's a light trick, I don't know.

These break color, trust me, in a high res scan, it's clearer, the ones that look like but aren't are in those small lower res scans. Trust me, they break color, further more, if you look closely on the front edge of the spine, what may look like a blurry scan is actually a very thin line of smudging all along the front spine.

It's a big picture with a high res can, how can anyone convince themselves it's a light trick, I don't know.

With this new information I would agree that 8.5 is more in line with the defects noted!smiley-gen130.gif

Thanks timern, the pain in the pocketbook wasn't as severe as I had initially envisioned, than again, the part is probably not OEM, oh well. The important thing is that I get to abandon public transportation for the convenience and ease commuting in my own. There is nothing like smelling your own farts in your car and not some strangers.

Thanks timern, the pain in the pocketbook wasn't as severe as I had initially envisioned, than again, the part is probably not OEM, oh well. The important thing is that I get to abandon public transportation for the convenience and ease commuting in my own. There is nothing like smelling your own farts in your car and not some strangers.

coffeescreen.gif