• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm Bored

38 posts in this topic

Still no New Adventure 26, and nothing exciting is happening.

And despite all the cat-calls and cries of woe, I STILL think that JSA Strange Adventures is the best DC comic for the last twenty years.

None of the other new comics have anything like the style of the comics I grew up on, which made me want to collect comics in the first place.

Reading Green Lantern Rebirth just did my head in. Am I supposed to have a diploma in DC continuity to understand it ???? And I'm the one who collects every DC.

And why do such a fabulous thing as bring back Challengers Of The Unknown, only to have it have NOTHING whatsoever to do with the old team ???

Like I said, I'm bored. And DC ignored their seventieth birthday altogether. And STILL no New Adventure 26.

Any response to the CBG ad (not for the NA26, but the promos obviously)?

Only one of the Heart Throbs. I found the other two thanks to Metarog who pointed out that Joe Nacca had them both.

And my friend Jerome Wenker found me an Atomic Comics 2.

So the only thing to result from a $1700 full page colour ad was a Heart Throbs 4.

Hmmmmmm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only one of the Heart Throbs. I found the other two thanks to Metarog who pointed out that Joe Nacca had them both.

So the only thing to result from a $1700 full page colour ad was a Heart Throbs 4.

That's too bad.

By the way, are there pence copies of DC's like there are Marvels? Are all of your DC's 'U.S.' DC's?

sleeping.gif

(Breaking my rule for one second of ignoring this "person"......)

PREDICTABLE AS EVER, DEAR DOCTOR.

I was going to say the same thing of you. I guess my voodoo spell needed to be stronger. frustrated.gif

I finally (thanks to WiseGuyX) was able to get a copy of the CBG with your infamous ad. For some reason, I didn't get it in the mail (but I did get this months). Perhaps, the gods were punishing me for our past run-ins, Ian.

Very nice! Too bad nobody has answered it yet. frown.gif

Any chance I could have it autographed? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

By the way, are there pence copies of DC's like there are Marvels? Are all of your DC's 'U.S.' DC's?

There are indeed - mostly from the early 1980s. Most of mine are US but if I have the odd pence copy it doeasn't bother me - the comics are identical and they can no more be called variants than the difference between newsstand copies and direct sales copies.

I STILL think that JSA Strange Adventures is the best DC comic for the last twenty years.

None of the other new comics have anything like the style of the comics I grew up on, which made me want to collect comics in the first place.

Does NO-ONE else here agree with me on this ???

It staggers my mind that I could think something SOOO good (issue 3 was the best so far), and so like the super hero comics I love so much from the Golden and Silver Ages, and yet everybody just rubbished it in case it dared to eclipse Identity Crisis. However exciting Identity Crisis may be, it's SUCH a modern style comic.

DC put out eighty comics a month. Is it SOOOO terrible that they put out ONE SINGLE COMIC that cries back in style to the old Justice League and Justice Society classics, without all the modern comic readers rubbishing it as being irrelevant ????

I STILL think that JSA Strange Adventures is the best DC comic for the last twenty years.

Does NO-ONE else here agree with me on this ???

It staggers my mind that I could think something SOOO good (issue 3 was the best so far), and so like the super hero comics I love so much from the Golden and Silver Ages, and yet everybody just rubbished it in case it dared to eclipse Identity Crisis. However exciting Identity Crisis may be, it's SUCH a modern style comic.

DC put out eighty comics a month. Is it SOOOO terrible that they put out ONE SINGLE COMIC that cries back in style to the old Justice League and Justice Society classics, without all the modern comic readers rubbishing it as being irrelevant ????

It's just too pricey. I picked up the first issue and enjoyed it, but I'll hold out for a TPB of the mini. (After IC I'm done with minis. Eh, maybe I'm done with pamphlets entirely. That could be as good a place to stop as any... "go out on a high note" and all that.)

Ian,

I said before that I thought this series was ok, but frankly, it's not THAT spectacular. I think the story is good, the art is good, but there's nothing terribly exciting or interesting going on in the story.

I like the book and have continued to pick it up. You're looking at it from the standpoint of it being old school -- but there's really not a lot of readers clamoring for this type of material, or else they'd put more of it out. Fact is, you can go buy the old issues if that's what you want. Most of the readers today are excited much more by the Identity Crisis type storylines. That's just today's readers.

Marvel and DC put out what sells.

Not rubbish at all. I quite like it. But then I also liked the Wally Wood All-Star Comics revival, the first 30 issues of the Jerry Ordway All-Star Squadron, the first 10 issues of Infinity Inc., and the recent JSA:All-Stars miniseries. confused-smiley-013.gif

gossip.gif What set people off before was trying to sell this series as a hidden collectible can't miss "investment." That both sets an unrealistic expectation for a quite modest little super-hero retro series, and also presses a lot of hot buttons among the posters here.

And despite all the cat-calls and cries of woe, I STILL think that JSA Strange Adventures is the best DC comic for the last twenty years.

Reading Green Lantern Rebirth just did my head in. Am I supposed to have a diploma in DC continuity to understand it ???? And I'm the one who collects every DC.

And why do such a fabulous thing as bring back Challengers Of The Unknown, only to have it have NOTHING whatsoever to do with the old team ???

Like I said, I'm bored. And DC ignored their seventieth birthday altogether. And STILL no New Adventure 26.

I have to agree with Ian on Green Lantern: Rebirth. What the hell was that?

I have to agree with Ian on Green Lantern: Rebirth. What the hell was that?

Geoff Johns == the Mark Waid of the 21st century.

It's just too pricey. I picked up the first issue and enjoyed it, but I'll hold out for a TPB of the mini. (After IC I'm done with minis. Eh, maybe I'm done with pamphlets entirely. That could be as good a place to stop as any... "go out on a high note" and all that.)

If we don't support new comics when they really ARE good, and say that we'll just wait for the trade paperback to come out, then there will be no good new comics, and they'll never end up in a TPB because they never got made in the first place.