• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cap first appearance winter solier

231 posts in this topic

I have 10 copies left of the #6 Winter Variant. Sold several over the last few weeks for between $20-25. I think I'll hold onto these as I think it'll only increase if the movie is that good and he's been confirmed for 8 films.

I have 10 copies left of the #6 Winter Variant. Sold several over the last few weeks for between $20-25. I think I'll hold onto these as I think it'll only increase if the movie is that good and he's been confirmed for 8 films.

Rumors going around saying cap dies in the next cap movie, and that winter soldier becomes cap and thats why he signed on for 8 movies.. (shrug)

I don't see it. On one level, I thought Civil War was great. On another, I grew up loving all of the Avengers and I quit buying Iron Man because I disliked the way they wrote him in Civil War. I can't imagine a movie studio thinking its a good idea to make people dislike one of their gold mines. 2c

wrote about it months ago :)

and the Civil War Turner variant 10.0 SS sold for a record price a few weeks ago (which I also mentioned on the boards)

there has been an undertone of speculation about this for a long time. It's catching more heat lately, with the speculators just wait to throw dollars.

If it happens (and i hope it does, one of my fav event stories ever), its still many many years away. I wouldn't rush out to overpay for civil war books. There are a lot better bets to make right now, if looking to speculate.

I don't see it. On one level, I thought Civil War was great. On another, I grew up loving all of the Avengers and I quit buying Iron Man because I disliked the way they wrote him in Civil War. I can't imagine a movie studio thinking its a good idea to make people dislike one of their gold mines. 2c

isnt ultron spawning out of his AI arm robot? pertty sure Tony is going to split-up/destroy the avengers and be the cause of ultron. So I wouldnt rule it out, on that grounds.

The thing is, Civil War needs a lot of set up, so it will be well telegraphed once they start going in that direction.

Two, they have already destroyed SHIELD, which is one of the main fallouts of Civil War, not going to see it done twice.

Cap can definitely die, and have a replacement, Evans wants a break, I think if that occurs, he eventually will come back.

He will be in Cap 3 and avengers 2 and 3, before his contract runs out. I could see them doing a non-civil War Cap death in the battle against Thanos.

Like I said, civil war possible, dont go mortgage the farm.

Good Advice. I was never a big fan of the Civil War series for the fact that some of my favorite characters, like Ironman, looked liked total jerks.

So, what direction do you guys see the whole Marvel Universe leaning towards. I mean it's pretty obvious Thanos and Ultron are the upcoming story lines. But looking beyond that where could they go ?

They will try to keep introducing more genres of movies, to have 3-4 films a year coming out eventually, with every genre of film covered.

----

I wrote out a big list, but i just decided against it. I hate these boards having people run up the prices of everything that i think is worth owning.

The Kree are coming, so that brings with it everything that goes along with that. Let's start there.

Kree, Captain Marvel/Ms Marvel, Skrulls....

isnt ultron spawning out of his AI arm robot? pertty sure Tony is going to split-up/destroy the avengers and be the cause of ultron. So I wouldnt rule it out, on that grounds.

The thing is, Civil War needs a lot of set up, so it will be well telegraphed once they start going in that direction.

Two, they have already destroyed SHIELD, which is one of the main fallouts of Civil War, not going to see it done twice.

Cap can definitely die, and have a replacement, Evans wants a break, I think if that occurs, he eventually will come back.

He will be in Cap 3 and avengers 2 and 3, before his contract runs out. I could see them doing a non-civil War Cap death in the battle against Thanos.

Like I said, civil war possible, dont go mortgage the farm.

You may be right. Like I said, I see Civil War as great and divisive. Talking Civil War makes me miss Michael Turner. :sorry:

Good Advice. I was never a big fan of the Civil War series for the fact that some of my favorite characters, like Ironman, looked liked total jerks.

So, what direction do you guys see the whole Marvel Universe leaning towards. I mean it's pretty obvious Thanos and Ultron are the upcoming story lines. But looking beyond that where could they go ?

Rom, Rom, and more Rom. What is cooler than a shiny robo..er, cyborg who can send you to limbo. Dire Wraiths could be made into very scary and dangerous foes. Even their planet is dangerous and why haven't we seen Torpedo in a movie yet ? What is Marvel thinking ? lol

The Runaways would work if they gave it a try. I think kids would love it.

I agree plenty of room for this book to increase in price.

Wizard Con Friday had all copies in NM at $20-25. Its not a large print run either so that helps.

Print run (shrug)

Plenty on the bay in "excellent" condition.

Seriously though, lots on the bay around $20.

isnt ultron spawning out of his AI arm robot?

I think it's the Vision that J.A.R.V.I.S. is going to spawn. ( Just in case you do not know, the AI for J.A.R.V.I.S. first appeared in the Rescue Armor from 2008's The Invincible Iron Man 10, J.A.R.V.I.S. speaks and announces his purpose to Pepper Potts at the beginning of issue 11. )

They will try to keep introducing more genres of movies, to have 3-4 films a year coming out eventually, with every genre of film covered.

----

I wrote out a big list, but i just decided against it. I hate these boards having people run up the prices of everything that i think is worth owning.

The Kree are coming, so that brings with it everything that goes along with that. Let's start there.

Kree, Captain Marvel/Ms Marvel, Skrulls....

That's why you hoard every copy of everything you recommend before you recommend it! Also I do not believe Marvel can put the Skrulls in movies that is why they uses the Chitauri in the Avengers.

Chituari are also what the Skrulls are called in the Ultimate Universe.

Hulk eats some. Which is always good stuff.

I don't think the Bane to Winter Soldier comparisons are fair.

Bucky is here to stay, and has an 8 film contract.