• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Now Amazing Spider-man # 1

75 posts in this topic

Well it has broken 500K already.

Wow.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51871

That'll teach Marvel to reboot books over and over again. :sumo:

Hehe

I was wondering if I would regret dropping Marvel. lol

Superman Unchained #1 regular cover was selling for under $1 each in bundles of 10, 25, 50, and 100. What do you think these will bring ?

Very little.

It'll be a familiar scenario to the sportscard guys. The 'commons' - i.e. Ramos cover, won't be worth much, and the 'inserts' - the incentive covers - will be more actively collected.

Wow.

Hehe

Superman Unchained #1 regular cover was selling for under $1 each in bundles of 10, 25, 50, and 100. What do you think these will bring ?

Very little.

It'll be a familiar scenario to the sportscard guys. The 'commons' - i.e. Ramos cover, won't be worth much, and the 'inserts' - the incentive covers - will be more actively collected.

I collected cards from 1971 to the early 90s. I truly hope that comics don't follow that path as a whole. :wishluck:

Once the inserts started in cards, I got out. The card market went from a treasured memory to a pre-fab collectable imo. I still have stuff from when I was a kid but I couldn't care less about a 1 in 500 card.

I wonder how many stores will take the chance on upping the orders high enough to get the variants if they are under the thresholds. That FUGLY Ramos cover hurts the book big time. Does he get paid % of each book sold? If yes, that has to be the most lucrative 5 minute cover he has ever drawn........

That's ACTUALLY the official cover? :face palm:

It's horrible...

Wow.

Hehe

Very little.

I collected cards from 1971 to the early 90s. I truly hope that comics don't follow that path as a whole. :wishluck:

Once the inserts started in cards, I got out. The card market went from a treasured memory to a pre-fab collectable imo. I still have stuff from when I was a kid but I couldn't care less about a 1 in 500 card.

It already is the sportscasts market. All anyone wants anymore are Keys and 1st appearances and the rest are just "commons". everything gets graded, and the only thing left to do is put all new comics in the same black bags and you have to keep buying the "pack" until you get the issue you actually want. :facepalm:

Wow.

Hehe

Very little.

It already is the sportscasts market. All anyone wants anymore are Keys and 1st appearances and the rest are just "commons". everything gets graded, and the only thing left to do is put all new comics in the same black bags and you have to keep buying the "pack" until you get the issue you actually want. :facepalm:

:idea:

What's worse is Slott has bastardized the origin.

"Accidentally absorbing a fantastic amount of radioactivity, the dying insect in sudden shock, bites the nearest living thing, at the split second before life ebbs from it's radioactive body" is no more.

Slott is changing this up and apparently the spider bites a second person as well.

I'm not huge on nerd rage, there's real life issues to worry about. But as a fan of Spider-Man pretty much my entire life this bugs me to the point where I'm dropping the title.

No petitions

No blog posts

Just dropping the title.

It won't affect Marvel in the slightest. I know that. It's just a personal choice.

And I'm not a fan of Slott and his windbag sensationalistic better than everyone else attitude.

Marvel actually did that with FF 587. I'm surprised that the concept hasn't continued to be used. I fear we haven't seen the end of it. :eek:

Nothing is "sacred" anymore.

Tony Stark isn't even a Stark.

When I read that, I fell out of my chair...

This most recent run of Iron Man is pretty terrible. I rarely drop books from my pull list but I couldn't keep buying that title.

Cap is really bad lately too. Two of Marvel's best character and lately the stories have been underwhelming.

Thankfully there's Thor, Daredevil, and Image comics to keep me occupied.

Just cause he was adopted don't tell him he is not a member of the Family..

Will you tell any adopted kid he is not a member of the family he/lives with?

Not what I meant. At all.

Please don't try to twist my words into an argument that is not really there.

Not what I meant. At all.

Please don't try to twist my words into an argument that is not really there.

I got what you meant. They are turning characters we grew up reading into something different at their core after 40 plus years. I don't like it. If you want this type of character, create a new one. The rehashing is old and worn out. I find it lazy and thoughtless to change a character's background, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, etc. to create shock value.

Warren Ellis got this when he did Stormwatch and The Authority. He didn't turn the original Stormwatch into something different, no, instead he made changed the players. The characters were anything and everything but the norm and they were NEW, if not completely original. Image gets it now. 2c

K, wait, whats this about Tony Stark not being a Stark? I'm not reading it, just curious :)

Also, SSM was so bad lately, and I think Slott is just horrid that ASM is going to be on a VERY short least for me. I've collected it as long as I can remember (that and Daredevil) but it's just been so bad for so long now that I am at the end of the rope.

I don't forsee me collecting Spidey next year at this time. Not with Slott on board.

I got what you meant. They are turning characters we grew up reading into something different at their core after 40 plus years. I don't like it. If you want this type of character, create a new one. The rehashing is old and worn out. I find it lazy and thoughtless to change a character's background, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, etc. to create shock value.

I agree. A skilled writer should be able to go in new directions without changing the core of what made these characters great. The constant need to go back and tweak origins and classic storylines is tiring.

Move forward.