• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - X-men 137

9 posts in this topic

Another nice looking copy generally. Not quite as nice as #135 though!

8.5 IMHO!

ty, do you know if it's possible to fix that cover flex along the right edge? Or is it not worth even bothering with slabbing this one?

8.5 IMHO!

ty, do you know if it's possible to fix that cover flex along the right edge? Or is it not worth even bothering with slabbing this one?

I assume you are referring to the back cover? I don't think that is a problem with this book as it is a square bound copy (ie double the size of a regular comic book) and it is usually glued and stapled alone the spine.

This book has more issues with the corners and an impact crease on the 'N' in X-Men on the front cover then the spine ripple IMHO!

I honestly can't tell you the value of this book and whether or not it is worth the effort of slabbing. Maybe some of the other boardies can answer that question.

8.5 IMHO!

I assume you are referring to the back cover? I don't think that is a problem with this book as it is a square bound copy (ie double the size of a regular comic book) and it is usually glued and stapled alone the spine.

This book has more issues with the corners and an impact crease on the 'N' in X-Men on the front cover then the spine ripple IMHO!

I honestly can't tell you the value of this book and whether or not it is worth the effort of slabbing. Maybe some of the other boardies can answer that question.

It's hard to pick up in the scan I think, but I'm talking about the front cover, it's like it's cut too long so the cover is rolled over the pages where it opens. It makes it look like the corners are blunted but they're really just rolled, it's hard to explain lol

Oh, you're referring to the overhanging right edge of the front cover. That won't be judged as an issue. The "down turned" corners still appear to have some stress marks and bends and aren't as sharp as they should be.

I don't think there is anything that can be done to improve that part of the book!

Oh, you're referring to the overhanging right edge of the front cover. That won't be judged as an issue. The "down turned" corners still appear to have some stress marks and bends and aren't as sharp as they should be.

I don't think there is anything that can be done to improve that part of the book!

k, I was thinking that too. Thanks for the help :)

First, what is to the left of Nightcrawlers head? Is that just a

manufacturing/printing flaw?

I think the book is probably an 8.0 with the tiny spine tics and

your edges are pretty soft and the other wear along that lower right edge.

You can always slab any book you want. It is just my humble opinon that

books of this era are not worth it unless you think you will get a 9.2 or

better. Otherwise there is an abundance of books like this below

a 9.0. Unless you get a major KEY, ie... Hulk 181, etc...

Hope that helps you!!