• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Went and met a fellow after replying to his ad online...

39 posts in this topic

As soon I entered his house - the first thing I get the impression I had walked into a scene of "American Pickers". That guy has so many pop bottle/drink signs, items and one-armed bandits. Everywhere scattered around! On walls, on any surface and on floor :o

... and oh yes, the comic books. That was the reason I went there for. He has many low grade-mid grade DC and Marvel, as well as Dell and many others. Tonight I go back to buy a few ones... few to add to my collection, some few to flip over. I'll see if i can snap a couple of photos.

Gotto love the kind of place there. It's not everyday I get to walk back into past. (:

So, you are saying you got lucky ?

Tell me that again ... after you see the photos I took at his place while I had the pleasure of looking at his GA collection ;)

This... (ALL of his books are in raw!)

20140330_200536_zps4a39cd73.jpg

And that...

20140330_200519_zps939f4b4c.jpg

Here is one photo of what his house look like...

20140330_203326_zps8e4bb770.jpg

I walked with him throughout his house and to basement. Everywhere I see are collectibles, my eyes get dizzy from so many colors. :ohnoez:

Sweet pickin'. Congrats on a cool find.

Yes, sure is a cool find .. but unfortunately I can't meet his prices on the mega-keys! Still, I do had lot of fun looking over his GA/SA collection. He also has Superman #6, 8, 9, 10, 17, 19 and 24 as well some Action books. Also have Batman #6, 11 (I think saw that), 16 and few in the 20's and 30's. Quite a lot of keys what I've seen in the box. Jimmy Olsen #1 is in there, and Marvel Mystery Comics were in there.

I did see one GA book that I might try broke a deal with him - if I have the chance someday! :cloud9:

Maybe you can sell the remaining books here on the boards and get some sort of a commission.

hm I don't know if that is a path he'd go. But I will toss in that suggestion to him and see what he say. He wants to sell his books as in packages and not do by singles. However on the GA books - he might do singles, who knows?

This thread might be taking to a new turn - I had a PM asked me to send more info on some books. I will go back on Sunday to the seller and see what other options to discuss about his books.

Now I have a question to mods: When should I stop this thread if it becomes into something else - like listing the titles and prices? I think that would take to a new thread in other section. See, they are not my books therefore I'm not sure how it works?

I think ( and hope! ) would be the chance for other comic book collectors who are looking for specific GA titles. It's a longshot but let's see...