• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Went and met a fellow after replying to his ad online...

39 posts in this topic

As soon I entered his house - the first thing I get the impression I had walked into a scene of "American Pickers". That guy has so many pop bottle/drink signs, items and one-armed bandits. Everywhere scattered around! On walls, on any surface and on floor :o

There was rumoured to have been a collector in the St. Louis area who had his living room decorated to look like the cover of All Star Comics #3 - Justice Society mannequins and all!

As soon I entered his house - the first thing I get the impression I had walked into a scene of "American Pickers". That guy has so many pop bottle/drink signs, items and one-armed bandits. Everywhere scattered around! On walls, on any surface and on floor :o

There was rumoured to have been a collector in the St. Louis area who had his living room decorated to look like the cover of All Star Comics #3 - Justice Society mannequins and all!

:eek:

I would have done it with bodies.

Today is the day I return to his place for another chance to preview more books. I'm bringing the details from interested buyers that I got from PMs. Hopefully that the seller will recognize the benefits in getting better results with his books by selling. :wishluck: Hoping to do some scans if given the chance.

More info to follow tonight!

So what are you selling?

Well, there are some books I list in my selling thread, after I had purchased from this seller. Mostly silver age DC.

Anyway... did went to his place and had closed one deal on one box on SA DC Flash run. And did had asked some questions to his GA books. He prefer to try get as close what he is asking from what I gathered. I got to respect his wishes, after all they are HIS books. Seems that if go for package deals, there is bit of wiggle room in getting good pieces.

Not ready for to do lot of scanning when I offered to him in helping, but he said might do a few ones for front and back scans at one time. So, in that - there's still a chance next time I return next sunday.