• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gauging interest in FanExpo Vancouver CGC SS

26 posts in this topic

I'm considering facilitating FanExpo Vancouver. There's a great list of both celebrities and comic creators. I'll be accepting books for both. Additionally sketch requests will be accepted for some artists.

If you're interested, please PM me by end of day Wednesday with a list of how many books you'll be sending and who you want to sign them.

Guest list

Prices:

Comic Creator CGC SS:

$60 for the first book for one signature, and $55/book w/ one signature after that. Each additional signature is $10/signature. This is based on Moderns only. Older books can be done, the price will of course increase by the difference in the applicable tier.

CGC SS Sketches:

$70 for dropoff/pickup. I do not keep any blanks in stock, so you will need to get me the blank(s) prior to the convention. You are responsible for any and all creator fees. I'll be capping requests for certain creators. PM me for details.

TIP: I highly recommend mailing the artist the blank(s) directly in advance. This often allows artists far more time to work on the sketches, which can sometimes translate into higher quality sketches.

Celebrity CGC SS:

$85 for the first book for one signature, and $80/book w/ one signature after that. Each additional signature is $25/signature. This is based on Moderns only. Older books can be done, the price will of course increase by the difference in the applicable tier.

Additional fees:

If I need to crack any slabs, that's $5/slab. If I need prep any books, that's $5/book. You are responsible for any and all creator signing/sketch fees.

Notes:

If you have your own dealer account, I'll work with you on price to allow you to sub under your own account.

Shipping:

Shipping back to a US address is free. Shipping to international will be exact.

I might have one for you, let me know when you have your pricing up. I need to check a couple of conventions to see where all a couple of people will be just to see if I can get multiple books done at one place instead of sending them all over creation.

Celebs

Celeb                Movie/Show
Manu Bennett	     Arrow
Stephen Amell	     Arrow
Lauren Cohan	     Walking Dead
Bruce Campbell	     Everything
Karl Urban	     Judge Dredd/Star Trek
Charisma Carpenter   Angel / Buffy
Eliza Dushku	     Angel / Buffy
Ray Park	     Darth Maul
John de Lancie	     Star Trek TNG
Morena Baccarin	     Firefly / Serenity
Michael Rosenbaum    Smallville
Bruce Boxleitner     Tron

Unfortunately guys there hasn't been enough interest in the show for my CAW and I to fly out. :( However I have put some feelers out to see if we can still get the show covered by someone a bit closer to the show.

More news as I have it.

P.S. Trust me we really wanted to go, love snagging some David Finch OA :)

How much more interest did you need?

I'll be honest with you guys, I don't facilitate shows to make a huge profit. Both my CAW and I have good full time jobs so we aren't motivated solely by the money.

Our goals for each con we do is three fold.

• Cover our expenses in full plus a tiny profit
  • Have fun while helping people out
  • Pickup one cool sketch each

For us to fly out to a show and cover the above first bullet point, we need to take on roughly 115 CGC SS single sig comic creator books that are subbed under my account. Anything less and we are losing money.

The above number is obviously lower if we have a lot of multiple signature books, celebrity books, or sketches.

So far I've only received approximately 5 sketch requests and 10 comic creator requests for Fan Expo Vancouver.