• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHATS GUIDE ON BATS 189??

22 posts in this topic

I sthis the highest graded copy? If so, let the madness begin. crazy.gif

As per the auction:

THIS CGC 9.6 COPY is THE HIGHEST GRADED on record!

Go ahead...check the CGC census...you'll find this 9.6 Mint copy is the highest graded copy!

.....So yeah...the madness has begun.

-Brian

my favorite batman SA book by far. Its the 1st SA DC back issue i bought ($2.00 & still have it cloud9.gif ) because i loved scarecrow so much from the superfriends cartoon. I was probably in 6th grade. Even with that sort of long lasting love for it, HOLY CRRRAAAAP! You could buy a nice copy of his 1st EVER appearance in World's Finest #3 for that!!!!!

Is 189 the scarecrow issue? I understand its more common in higher grades than other issues. $2500? There's a sucker born every minute. That buyer just happened to come along at the right time.

you should tell that to PCE as they have a Bats 171 (1st SA Riddler, i know) in merely 9.4 for $10,000................what's that all about????????

And they've had it for a LONG time. Perhaps Roter is waiting for hell to freeze over.

you should tell that to PCE as they have a Bats 171 (1st SA Riddler, i know) in merely 9.4 for $10,000................what's that all about????????

And they've had it for a LONG time. Perhaps Roter is waiting for hell to freeze over.

i just checked out your website for the very first time - quite impressive!!!!

i especially loved all of the old pix with yound kids reading GA books.

one question, however; how does a site that "specializes in SA/BA books" get a name like Detective 27????insane.gif

i just checked out your website for the very first time - quite impressive!!!!

i especially loved all of the old pix with yound kids reading GA books.

one question, however; how does a site that "specializes in SA/BA books" get a name like Detective 27????insane.gif

lol...because I can't seem to let my Golden Age go. I picked detective27 because I wanted a domain name that people would easily remember. I'd love to expand the Golden Age section someday.

gossip.gif Don't tell anyone, but if you go to the Golden Age section, and click on the picture of the kid reading Superman #19, it takes you to a page where you can view a bunch of books from my personal collection. gossip.gif

Now it's up to $2938, with 5 days to go! screwy.gif

Is that nutso or what???

I think so. I've never thought that "first Silver Age appearance" was all that big a deal. You could get a VF, maybe VF+ copy of the Scarecrow's origin and first appearance in WF #3 for that money, and have a MUCH tougher book.

I am amazed at that price. I am a huge fan of Scarecrow, but that is just nuts. It almost makes me think the money I spent on this book back in 1996 was not so crazy. With the hype, I am wondering if I should submit it to CGC to be ready if people go really crazy when the movie hits.

detective73.jpg