• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1980s Films

37 posts in this topic

What movies do you think should be made using 1980s characters? Thundercats, Voltron, Maters of the Universe, Battle of the Planets, etc…

I know Voltron was in talks a few years ago, but apparently there is no news on it since then.

Thoughts?

Well they've already done He-Man, and it was a big failure.

I could imagine with the success of Game of Thrones, and the niche success of Vikings and other "period" shows that a reset of Dungeons & Dragons could be successful.

And, maybe I've suffered a recent head trauma but I could imagine a version of Jem and the Holograms actually working...

Thundercats are owned by Time Warner, and they're still trying to get their main DC franchises up and running...

I'd love any of the OP list and Silverhawks would rule as well. Maybe at least in concept M.A.S.K could be cool as a movie too.

Couldn't agree more. If done right M.A.S.K would be amazing. For some reason I'm picturing it as a sort of Mad Max:Thunderdome type movie!

I could imagine with the success of Game of Thrones, and the niche success of Vikings and other "period" shows that a reset of Dungeons & Dragons could be successful.

And, maybe I've suffered a recent head trauma but I could imagine a version of Jem and the Holograms actually working...

Thundercats are owned by Time Warner, and they're still trying to get their main DC franchises up and running...

:roflmao:

What movies do you think should be made using 1980s characters? Thundercats, Voltron, Maters of the Universe, Battle of the Planets, etc…

I know Voltron was in talks a few years ago, but apparently there is no news on it since then.

Thoughts?

Robotech_image.jpg

They've already done D&D movies.

Have you seen that movie? During most of the movie it took place on 1980's Earth with the future Tom Paris from Star Trek Voyager. :facepalm: