• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cloak and Dagger

50 posts in this topic

The design for the characters is excellent. They look cool and they have a cool name.

The actual stories I never cared for at all. It was basically all about the war on drugs and street level gang stuff or whatever. The Bret Blevins art in Strange Tales makes me want to rip my eyes out and fire them into the sky with a slingshot to get them as far away from my brain as possible.

Is there an objective reason for that? I totally love Bret Blevins' art, especially from that period, which was very accurate (the Dr. Doom issue must be one of my favorite covers of all time, and the art in the story is wonderful).

I do agree on the stories anyway, except a few highlights they were a bit "hit and miss". The 1990 series was quite good, anyway.

By the way, I see you're in Maine. I'm down here in CT. Any decent shops that you can recommend up there? I'll be in the Bar Harbor area sometime this year. I foudn one shop in Ellsworth, Comics Plus, but have no idea what it's like.

I understand there are several shops around Portland as well

Nada. Cross Maine off the list.