• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE TRADING POST THREAD

245 posts in this topic

Actually, two quick things to mention about my trade proposal:

- the indicative prices don't mean that I would accept that cash amount for these books. I'm only after other cool stuff in trade at the moment. If I don't do a trade, these books are not going up for sale anywhere.

- It's 11pm on a work night here in London so I'll be off to bed soon. Won't be responding to anything in this thread or on PM for a few hours, but hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow morning to a flood of offers...!

Nothing so far has been in my collecting or reading focus, but they have all been really cool offers.

Walking Dead #9 is tempting just for the awesome cover. I'm surprised nobody has offered up anything yet.

+1 I'm surprised too. I picked it simply because I thought it would get things rolling.

It's a popular comic.

It had a color breaking crease on the back, so it wasn't an expensive copy either.

My interests listed were anything from the 40's to the present. It doesn't get any broader than that to get things started.

It got zero offers. lol

Makes me wonder how many people are actually reading this thread.

Looks like 24 hours are up, so I'm going to jump in quickly and offer up the following for trade. I've included indicative values so that you can see roughly what I'm thinking for each book. Hopefully the different options serve the intended purpose of appealing to people with a broad range of price points...

Option 1

Saga #1 RRP CGC 9.8 SS Brian K Vaughan

Approx value I'm looking for in trade: $700/$800

28s7vjr.jpg

Option 2

Batman #2 sketch cover (1:200) CGC 9.8 SS Snyder & Capullo

Approx value I'm looking for in trade: $250/$300

fzb5mc.jpg

Option 3

Manhattan Projects volume 1 HC (limited to 500, available at NYCC last year)

Approx value I'm looking for in trade: $75

x3hdtk.jpg

What am I interested in? Let's try and keep it broad to tease out offers...

Writers: Grant Morrison, Warren Ellis, Jonathan Hickman, Alan Moore, Garth Ennis, Neil Gaiman

Artists: Frank Quitely, Eduardo Risso, Sean Phillips, Sean Gordon Murphy, Frazer Irving, Arthur Ranson, R M Guera, Colin MacNeil

Favourite series that spring to mind: Morrison's Batman run, Scalped, Planetary, Fables, Sandman, Authority, 100 Bullets, Criminal, Hickman's Fantastic Four are recent favourite runs.

CGC books (including obviously SS) and original art all interesting to me. So are rare books of any kind. I am mainly into moderns but will consider anything! I have access to a US shipping address if that makes any difference.

All options are open for 24 hours.

:bump:

Nothing so far has been in my collecting or reading focus, but they have all been really cool offers.

Walking Dead #9 is tempting just for the awesome cover. I'm surprised nobody has offered up anything yet.

+1 I'm surprised too. I picked it simply because I thought it would get things rolling.

It's a popular comic.

It had a color breaking crease on the back, so it wasn't an expensive copy either.

My interests listed were anything from the 40's to the present. It doesn't get any broader than that to get things started.

It got zero offers. lol

Makes me wonder how many people are actually reading this thread.

I'm always keeping an eye out on here. I havent seen anything that tickles my fancy. Great stuff offered for sure, just nothing I collect. For example I missed the whole Walking Dead boat, I'm so far behind I cannot justify getting single issues and stick to TPB's (unless the price is stupidly ridiculously low)

If I see something that I want asking for something I have and am willing to part with, I'll be all over it.

I have some items to trade that I think would be of interest to you. Unfortunately, I am at work and cannot take pics at the moment, but please let me know if you are interested. I would want to use these to barter for Option 1

East of West 1 CGC 9.8

East of West 2 CGC 9.8

East of West 3 CGC 9.8

East of West 4 CGC 9.8 blank

100 Bullets 1-8 raw NM- (grades are IIRC)

Fantastic Four Omnibus HC (2013 Marvel) By Jonathan Hickman

Fables 1 (cannot remember grade)

Secret Warriors Omnibus HC

SHIELD Architects of Forever HC, Shield Infinity, Shield (2011 Marvel 3rd Series) 1-4 (NM)

If you loved Hickman's run on FF, then I'm positive you'll dig his Secret Warriors run and Shield. While the latter story is not finished, it is very much in the same vein as his other work. Basically, what if Shield was a centuries old protector of mankind, and Leonardo Da Vinci, Imhotep, Sir Issac Newton, Nostradamus and Galileo are among the members.

These are all from memory. I can confirm I have these later today if interested! I'm pretty sure I have some other 100 Bullets extra I can throw in, I'm just sure exactly what at the moment.

Thanks for the offer. I'm going to decline it as I already own quite a few of the books you've listed. Will definitely have to check out that Shield series though.

Apologies to all participants that there wasn't more action on these - had thought there'd be lots of interest! Not to worry.

Since I'm likely to have to go and comfort a waking baby any moment, I'm happy to bring this offer to a close just before the 24 hours are up. Next person up - have at it!

Okay, I'll give it a shot.

I'll try something a little different. As PIF people know, I am more of a reader than a high grade guy. What I have to offer hopefully will appeal to readers and collectors both.

My offer is a complete run of the Bronze Age Ghost Rider series from Marvel, #1-81, plus Marvel Spotlight #6-11 and a couple other odds and ends.

I will consider any offer. Even if it doesn't fit in my collection, if it fits in storage easier than a giant box of comics, I'll consider it. I have a specific checklist below as well.

Grades

Ghost Rider #1 presents nicely but has a defect, namely some random staple holes just above the logo. I ran this by my compatriots in the PGM forum and the consensus was 5.5 due to the defect.

Grades on the rest of the run:

#2-4 - 3.5

#5 - 6.5

#6 - 3.0

#7-8 - 7.0

#9 - 4.0

#10 - 5.5

#11-53 - averages in the 5.5 range

#54-66 - averages in the 6.5 range

#67-80 - averages in the 4.5 range

#81 - 8.0/8.5 could go higher with a press

Marvel Spotlight #6-11 - #10 is around a 6.0, the others are all in the 2.0-3.5 range. A couple of them are pretty beat.

Value/what I am looking for

I have this in the $200-250 range, which when you think about it is less than $3 an issue. There's some awesome reading here. But I need to downsize my collection. As a result, I would love to trade this big pile for one book or a handful of books. I don't care that much about grade, with the exception of some specific defects, so lower grade books are just fine.

I'm interested in issues of Conan from #1-13, Savage Sword of Conan #1-32, Strange Tales from #110-133, issues of Archie, Pep or Jughead from before 1960, issues of Our Army at War from #81-200, DC Romance, Lois Lane #1-42, Action #253-299, Boy Comics #3, 4 and 10, Journey Into Mystery #94, any issues of Wow Comics, Mary Marvel, Sensation Comics, Black Cat (superhero issues, not western or horror) or GA Wonder Woman with the original logo (#1-59), and certain issues of the Atlas Girl Comics series.

That's just my checklist, though. Again, I will consider any offer.

Scans and Photos

If anyone wants scans of specific issues, let me know. I only have a scan of #1 but I took some photos of the other issues.

SCAN0223.jpg

SCAN0224.jpg

SAM_1607.jpg

SAM_1608.jpg

SAM_1610.jpg

SAM_1609.jpg

The shipping of this must be a nightmare.

Never was Ghost Rider fan, nice offer though.

Thanks.

I expect shipping will be expensive, yeah. Last time I shipped a lot this size, it was $38. I'm hoping the person I work out a trade with turns out to be my neighbor.

Still taking offers on this majestic full run of Ghost Rider. So fire away with whatever you got.

The clock is ticking, though!

B60s-Clocking.jpg

Okay, I'll give it a shot.

I'll try something a little different. As PIF people know, I am more of a reader than a high grade guy. What I have to offer hopefully will appeal to readers and collectors both.

My offer is a complete run of the Bronze Age Ghost Rider series from Marvel, #1-81, plus Marvel Spotlight #6-11 and a couple other odds and ends.

I will consider any offer. Even if it doesn't fit in my collection, if it fits in storage easier than a giant box of comics, I'll consider it. I have a specific checklist below as well.

Grades

Ghost Rider #1 presents nicely but has a defect, namely some random staple holes just above the logo. I ran this by my compatriots in the PGM forum and the consensus was 5.5 due to the defect.

Grades on the rest of the run:

#2-4 - 3.5

#5 - 6.5

#6 - 3.0

#7-8 - 7.0

#9 - 4.0

#10 - 5.5

#11-53 - averages in the 5.5 range

#54-66 - averages in the 6.5 range

#67-80 - averages in the 4.5 range

#81 - 8.0/8.5 could go higher with a press

Marvel Spotlight #6-11 - #10 is around a 6.0, the others are all in the 2.0-3.5 range. A couple of them are pretty beat.

Value/what I am looking for

I have this in the $200-250 range, which when you think about it is less than $3 an issue. There's some awesome reading here. But I need to downsize my collection. As a result, I would love to trade this big pile for one book or a handful of books. I don't care that much about grade, with the exception of some specific defects, so lower grade books are just fine.

I'm interested in issues of Conan from #1-13, Savage Sword of Conan #1-32, Strange Tales from #110-133, issues of Archie, Pep or Jughead from before 1960, issues of Our Army at War from #81-200, DC Romance, Lois Lane #1-42, Action #253-299, Boy Comics #3, 4 and 10, Journey Into Mystery #94, any issues of Wow Comics, Mary Marvel, Sensation Comics, Black Cat (superhero issues, not western or horror) or GA Wonder Woman with the original logo (#1-59), and certain issues of the Atlas Girl Comics series.

That's just my checklist, though. Again, I will consider any offer.

Scans and Photos

If anyone wants scans of specific issues, let me know. I only have a scan of #1 but I took some photos of the other issues.

SCAN0223.jpg

SCAN0224.jpg

SAM_1607.jpg

SAM_1608.jpg

SAM_1610.jpg

SAM_1609.jpg

I'll throw this out:

IMG_0668_zps103db837.jpg

East of West #1 Forbidden Planet variant signed by Jonathan Hickman.

Looking for a raw silver age book or two in midgrade condition. Spider-man would be preferred, but I also collect Batman and about any Marvel superhero books.

Value: I don't have much to go by for sales but I'd put this at about $75.

I don't think we have put any rule in place regarding time between trades and since there has only been one offer accepted on here, I'll give it another shot. I have this mid grade #86 which is the first appearance of the Black Widow in the outfit we all associate her with. I also know I have an Amazing Spider-man 103 in similar condition (1st Gog). I think I also have a #200 as well I would consider mid-grade. Sorry, but the only one I have a picture of is the #86. I can get scans of the others tonight but it would be after the trade deadline before I even get home.

i-JVFtq7T-X2.jpg

I'm interested...What I can offer doesn't have a "value" on it. It's a very unique item.

The "ashcan" of Image Comics "The Life & End Times of Bran & Ben"

I won this at a signing last year and was told there are only 2-3 in existence, the remaining ones with Image Comics.

It's handdrawn and signed by both James Asmus and Jim Festante...It's really cool & really unique

Could be worth more or could be worth less...I have nothing to go off of lol

image_zps9817acfd.jpg

image_zps2cac7521.jpg

image_zps17fdf28e.jpg

I am going to be unavailable for several hours and can check back I with forums this afternoon, so if interested let me know but it'll take me a few hours to get back to you.