• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel announces movies out till 2028..... predictions?

68 posts in this topic

I'm not sure these superhero movie reboots are going to last another fifteen years before people get tired of them.

+1 I don't think they will make it to 2028. Yes I understand the movies are well done, for the most part, but pop culture changes constantly. Just because all these movies are popular with the masses now, doesn't mean they still will be in 5 years. The people on the boards, obviously will support the movies. The same cant be said for the masses.

They will still be really popular with the masses. Marvel is now up there with the Star Wars, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings franchises. In fact I see Marvel getting bigger them those three franchises by 2028. Why?

They much more source material to make movies from.

I'm not sure these superhero movie reboots are going to last another fifteen years before people get tired of them. How long did Freddy and Jason last before people got tired of that? Now factor in the budget differences between Friday The 13th and The Avengers. The only ones I really enjoyed were the Batman ones and I think I'm officially done with that for at least a decade at this point.

Big difference in what kind of pictures they are.

The Avengers/Marvel movies are family affair event movies where parents can take their children to them, while not many parents are going to take their children to go see Jason or Freddy.

lol

I'm not sure these superhero movie reboots are going to last another fifteen years before people get tired of them. How long did Freddy and Jason last before people got tired of that? Now factor in the budget differences between Friday The 13th and The Avengers. The only ones I really enjoyed were the Batman ones and I think I'm officially done with that for at least a decade at this point.

The Avengers/Marvel movies are a family affair event movies where parents can take their children to them, while not many parents are going to take their children to go see Jason or Freddy.

lol

That's a really good point, children can watch the same thing over and over again without getting fatigue of seeing the same characters.

The Avengers/Marvel movies are family affair event movies where parents can take their children to them, while not many parents are going to take their children to go see Jason or Freddy.

lol

I wouldn't take young children to see The Winter Soldier.

lol

I was 11 years old when I went to see Platoon on my own.

I'm not sure these superhero movie reboots are going to last another fifteen years before people get tired of them.

+1 I don't think they will make it to 2028. Yes I understand the movies are well done, for the most part, but pop culture changes constantly. Just because all these movies are popular with the masses now, doesn't mean they still will be in 5 years. The people on the boards, obviously will support the movies. The same cant be said for the masses.

They will still be really popular with the masses. Marvel is now up there with the Star Wars, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings franchises. In fact I see Marvel getting bigger them those three franchises by 2028. Why?

They much more source material to make movies from.

Yup.

The first X-Men movie came out 14 years ago.

Fourteen years later, Marvel property movies are more popular than ever.

If the quality keeps up, and it appears it will, I can easily see another 14 years of great movies that are popular with the public. The surface has just been scratched, plenty of story ideas to mine from.

lol

I was 11 years old when I went to see Platoon on my own.

There was a boy of around 7 in the cinema last night with his mum, after watching the film I personally wouldn't take my nephew of the same age to see the movie.

But that just my opinion.

Lets also not forget the marketing machine that is Disney ! I think a lot of these marvel characters that where never known by the masses are going to be around for generations to come.... They will be in toys and theme parks, books, cruises and all over TV

In my opinion when The comic book market looks back on this time of shared movie universes and mass popularity we will say this is when our hobby finally reached mass market levels. This is the start. Its like seeing the begging of the comic book hero franchises from the 60's but into main street pop culture in movies !

The problem (for me, at least) with a Surfer movie is that it would be too much CGI. The main character is CGI. Just do an animated movie at that point.

Yeah, but an animated movie would rule out a crossover with other movies. Or at least make it less believable. I don't mind a mainly CGI movie - wasn't Avatar mainly CGI?

Does Fox have the rights to all versions of the Human Torch, or just the version from Fantastic Four? If it's just the version from FF, Marvel should get the rights to Namor back and make an Invaders movie.

That's an interesting idea.

Does Fox have the rights to all versions of the Human Torch, or just the version from Fantastic Four? If it's just the version from FF, Marvel should get the rights to Namor back and make an Invaders movie.

:wishluck:

That would be a great idea for a movie. :headbang:

Maybe marvel does have the rights to the golden age torch.

Dr. Horton's android creation was shown in the first Cap movie.

That's right. I forgot about that scene. Too bad that wasn't a buildup to a phase two movie or appearance. But it could lead to something big later on in an Avengers movie.

Is his name Tim?

timsplash-left.jpg