• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dreadstar movie on the way

49 posts in this topic

Personally I would barley call issue 2 with a blurry face of someone inside a vision much of a cameo . All the issues are cool. I don't own any but seems #3 would be the one to own if I was a fan and wanted his first app.

Now that is a cameo.

Yes it is but it's also a first appearance. In comic book terms A cameo is a brief appearance. If a character's first published appearance is a cameo appearance then by definition that appearance is a first appearance. I would go with this:

1 - first sword

2 - first app, first cameo app

3 - first full app, second cameo app

4 - second app

6,15 - appearances

Side question: are the early Epic Illustrated magazines (i.e., 1-3) generally regarded as Copper or Bronze?

For various reasons in my personal Marvel collection, I tend to think of anything published through the end of 1980 as Bronze. But given that Epic pointed the way towards creator-owned material in the mainstream, I could see the argument for classifying them as Copper...

Now that is a cameo.

Yes it is but it's also a first appearance. In comic book terms A cameo is a brief appearance. If a character's first published appearance is a cameo appearance then by definition that appearance is a first appearance. I would go with this:

1 - first sword

2 - first app, first cameo app

3 - first full app, second cameo app

4 - second app

6,15 - appearances

You are welcome to your opinion Ween, Im sure most here already get where you come from.

The main problem for you is, comicdom in general does not agree with your opinion. That could change, but as of right now..... nah.

2.) Tiniest cameo ive ever seen that actually shows a face...not even in person, on a screen. It would be listed as a Cameo ( if that ) by CGC.

3.) First app or first Full app ( depending on # 2 )

4.) App.

6.) App.

The price ( Not sure if dreadstar is pictured or only mentioned in this one )

9.) App

Marvel Graphic Novel # 3 ( this is his first cover appearance/solo book ) This one is next in line of importance to epic # 3 in my opinion and it leads into the ongoing series.

15.) App.

Now much like Hulk 270 what is his first comic book appearance. Is it Dreadstar #1 ?

My opinion is (If you a re a collector of first app) then the book you want is Epic # 3 .,

Now if like Rocket Raccoon you want his first comic book app then that is Dreadstar # 1 ???

On Saturday there were a whole bunch of Epic 3 issues on Ebay and now they are all gone. See only 1 for like $80 . Also saw a 9.8 sold for $350 on Saturday.

Still some of the other issues 1-2-4-15 and Dreadstar # 1 for sale and not really expensive.

Tons of the Marvel Graphic Novels #3 which you can get for $5-$10 , I think there are like 40+ of these on Ebay now.

Yeah but are they first prints? I seem to remember those gns being tricky that way?

Yeah there were 4 printings of MGN # 3 Most people do not list which one it is. Ask or only buy ones that mention its a 1st printing/ 1st edition.

Yeah but are they first prints? I seem to remember those gns being tricky that way?

Yeah there were 4 printings of MGN # 3 Most people do not list which one it is. Ask or only buy ones that mention its a 1st printing/ 1st edition.

Yes, that is a pit I almost fell into.

And I'm guessing there is no easy way to tell printing from the cover; i.e. different coloring, etc.

Ok did not know it was 4 printings.

Just took a look searching 1st print and theres a few but no one is buying them. I see there is one ending in an hour for $10 and no bids. Saw a few sold last few days for around $10-$15 in 1st print so they are still pretty cheap . Seems the only book that went up is Epic # 3 which makes sense if your speculating etc.

Even more interesting is this site:

http://comicbookdb.com/character_chron.php?ID=168

(pulled from the other thread) lists the Graphic Novel 3rd and 4th printings as appearances but not 2nd.

:confused:

Obviously they have incomplete data, they dont even show his other appearances in Epic illustrated.

Also, It would not surprise me at all if there is a sketchbook from a con or something from the late 70's somewhere with sketches of dreadstar pre-Epic Illustrated . Im sure Starlin had this brewing at least a year or two beforehand.

Even more interesting is this site:

http://comicbookdb.com/character_chron.php?ID=168

(pulled from the other thread) lists the Graphic Novel 3rd and 4th printings as appearances but not 2nd.

:confused:

Obviously they have incomplete data, they dont even show his other appearances in Epic illustrated.

Very true. Was more wondering if they just missed the 2nd print or if that printing was edited.