• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic book men what a waste of time.

77 posts in this topic

Just cause people watch something doesn't mean it's good. People watch 'Teen Mom'.

FTFY (I could probably do this for a while, but I think I made my point)

(:

-slym

Yup.

2 out of the 4 guys on the show don't even work at the store, so their limited knowledge of comics is to be expected. Walt and Mike know a great deal about comics, but the format of the show limits their ability to actually talk about them.

I thought Brian was the only one that didn't actually work at the store.

Ming might help out from time to time but he primarily works as Kevin Smith's tech guy doing web design and running his internet sites. Walt and Mike are the only two that actually run the store fulltime.

BTW, the people coming to sell stuff aren't random walk-ins.. I remember reading they make appointments and come in when the store is closed for filming. Still it's entertaining and about a comic store. Kevin Smith's comic store. I'd rather have this than 90% of other reality shows. I do like Pawn Stars too, most of the time.. And I love Kitchen Nightmares.. You know it's just called reality, it isn't actual reality..

BTW, the people coming to sell stuff aren't random walk-ins.. I remember reading they make appointments and come in when the store is closed for filming. Still it's entertaining and about a comic store. Kevin Smith's comic store. I'd rather have this than 90% of other reality shows. I do like Pawn Stars too, most of the time.. And I love Kitchen Nightmares.. You know it's just called reality, it isn't actual reality..

Reality is actual...

What was there before? Nothing really. So why complain about it being here. It's better than nothing. Don't like it don't watch it. The Toy Hunter and Comic Book Men are recorded every week in my house. I watch it because I like it. There has been some so so episodes but for the most part it's cool for me. Then again, I'm a 36 year old dorky husband/dad with a hint of coolness:)

That is an absurd statement.

Just because there was nothing before does not mean I should be happy with this drivel.

Seriously, don't mess with The Collector. He knows what he speaks of. His time is valuable and when he has a free moment away from collecting the Infinity Gems he doesn't need to be watching drivel. He's one of the Elder's Of The Universe and shoddy reality TV shouldn't be on his docket.

What was there before? Nothing really. So why complain about it being here. It's better than nothing. Don't like it don't watch it. The Toy Hunter and Comic Book Men are recorded every week in my house. I watch it because I like it. There has been some so so episodes but for the most part it's cool for me. Then again, I'm a 36 year old dorky husband/dad with a hint of coolness:)

That is an absurd statement.

Just because there was nothing before does not mean I should be happy with this drivel.

Seriously, don't mess with The Collector. He knows what he speaks of. His time is valuable and when he has a free moment away from collecting the Infinity Gems he doesn't need to be watching drivel. He's one of the Elder's Of The Universe and shoddy reality TV shouldn't be on his docket.

:sumo:

Mark knows me well.

I will move on now. I was just particularly disappointed with the series finale. A great JRJR Spider-Man splash page came in and they spent almost no time talking about it and instead spent 18 minutes at the renaissance fair engaged in highly contrived and unfunny stunts.

I approach each show with a childlike exuberance. Expecting the best, I think:

"maybe THIS one will be good,"

only to nod off to sleep halfway through the show and then wake up with no memory of what I saw.

seriously though. Four older, mean, and snarky men insulting each other is not exactly that entertaining. Don't even get me started on cryptozoic man....

seriously though. Four older, mean, and snarky men insulting each other is not exactly that entertaining. Don't even get me started on cryptozoic man....

+1

Try this one out

Have any of you ever seen this? It's a lot cooler then comic book men and they actually have comics. Some awkward personalities though but still better then comic book men.

"I'm on food stamps right now. All my money is going into creating The Protector.".

That quote was just a few minutes into the show. I'm currently driving north on I-95. I am on my way to buy that clown an ice cream cone.

I like the show , totally agree with the above, a great piece of art work comes in and we spend 18 minutes with that silly fair . But my son and myself enjoy the show. I have been in the store many times and have only seen Walt and Ming in the store , Never seen the other 2 guys. I will say its more a Kevin Smith store then a comic book store. Half the stuff in there is Kevin smith items and pop culture items . Also they are not exactly the friendliest bunch when I have been in there. Still I like the show for what it is.

Have any of you ever seen this? It's a lot cooler then comic book men and they actually have comics. Some awkward personalities though but still better then comic book men.

"I'm on food stamps right now. All my money is going into creating The Protector.".

That quote was just a few minutes into the show. I'm currently driving north on I-95. I am on my way to buy that clown an ice cream cone.

Haha he's trying to be innovative and make some money. hm