• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rare Comics and Comic Memorabilia For Sale!!

12 posts in this topic

First :takeit: wins and takes priority.

Domestic US Sales Only. Checks or money orders prefered. Shipping is USPS Priority Mail and will be calculated.

I'm going to be listing a number of cool Gold, Silver, and Bronze Age comics and related memorabilia in the coming weeks be sure to follow this thread for updated and new items.

First up are a few cool hard to find comic collectibles!

1940s Superman Cloth Pajama Material

Four 1940s era pieces of cloth that are remainders from the cloth used to produce Superman pajamas by Boyville. Pieces are in excellent condition and measure approx. 8 1/2 x 6 1/2", 8 1/4 x 7 1/4", 8 3/4 x 7", 9 3/4 x 9". $50

To view a complete pair of the pajamas visit: eBay

image-4.jpg

image-1.jpg

Captain Marvel Jr. 5" Figure 1946 Fawcett premium by Kerr Co.

High grade figure in near mint condition overall with minor paint wear. Manufacture label missing from below, but not uncommon on these figures. $150

image-10.jpg

Mary Marvel 5" Figure 1946 Fawcett premium by Kerr Co.

High grade figure in near mint condition overall with minor paint wear. Manufacture label missing from below, but not uncommon on these figures. $150

image-3.jpg

Walt Disney Comics & Stories 1940s Christmas Gift Card Negative

Original Dell file negative featuring Uncle Scrooge as Santa. Excellent condition overall. $40

image.jpg

Robert Bell Marvel Comic Checklist from 1974

Overall, in very good condition, misc. wear including some small holes, tears, and numerous issues highlighted and pen notations. Amazing prices including Amazing Fantasy #15 $45, Amazing Spider-Man #1 $50, Avengers #1 $22, Fantastic Four #1 $70, Incredible Hulk #1 $30, Journey Into Mystery #83 $30, Tales of Suspense #39 $18, Tales To Astonish #27 $25, X-Men #1 $10. All books are noted as being in good condition. Mint condition books are noted available for 1/3 more than the listed prices. NOTE Fantastic Four #1 is MORE then Amazing Fantasy #15!!!! $25

a3208204-784d-4f1b-88a9-7528fdc2c5f5.jpg

image-11.jpg

:takeit: Mary Marvel & Capt Marv. Jr. Kerr figures

Captain Marvel Jr. 5" Figure 1946 Fawcett premium by Kerr Co.

image-10.jpg

Mary Marvel 5" Figure 1946 Fawcett premium by Kerr Co.

image-3.jpg

Here are a few more items! I'll be offering these and the remaining that are still available till next Monday morning and then this thread will be closed. All the typical rules apply.

Child's 1940s era photo in Superman Sweatshirt

Nice condition vintage photo. Measures 1.5x 2.5". Back of photo reads "Reads "Grade K Wayne Louett Kindergarden.

$40

get-attachment-11aspx.jpeg

Straight Arrow Gold Plated Salesman's Ring

This is a 1950 Nabisco ring premium with high relief portrait. This ring has a gold finish vs. the typical brass. The Robbins Company did a small number of rings in this fashion for in-house use at Nabisco. Ring was never sized to fit a finger and is in excellent condition. Very Rare $350

get-attachment-13aspx.jpeg

Pioneer Belts Superman/Lone Ranger Encased Penny Key Fob

Very hard to find 1.5" horseshoe-shaped aluminum frame with good luck symbols holds encased 1946 Lincoln penny with original luster. Reverse of the frame has company name at top and names products at left and right "Belts, Braces, Wallets" with text on bottom edge "Superman/Lone Ranger/For Boys." Oustanding high-grade example! One of less then 5 known!

$100

get-attachment-10aspx.jpeg

get-attachment-9aspx.jpeg

Superman Action Ring Vending Machine Paper

2.75x4.5" glossy paper for vending machine use advertising the rare flasher rings from 1966. Features classic and early full figure Superman image. Fine condition overall with some wear overall including light creases, etc.

$40

get-attachment-14aspx.jpeg

I just picked up a set of the CM Jr and Mary Marvel figures from a friend in Detroit.

Mine have a bit of the paper labels still attached to the base. There seems to have been a small warehouse find.

First time I'd even heard of them, let alone seen them!

According to my bud, the TOUGH one is Hoppy the Marvel Bunny, who knew?

I think your plastic figures were on the toy hunter recently but they were found in the original box. they were gotten for the superhero hall of fame!!

The plastic Kerr Marvel figures are from a different set. Those were issued with boxes while the two I previously posted in this thread were not produced with boxes. All the various figures are fragile. The plastic figures have a tendency for the capes to break. The Hoppy the Marvel Bunny was issued in two different sizes and they are hard to find with unbroken or unrestored ears. I've owned all of them over the years.

Very cool stuff! Any Batman items?

I may have some Batman items in a future thread. Pre-1960s Batman items are super rare with only a handful of items produced. DC Comics focused the lions share of their 1940s merchandising on Superman.

I'm going to keep adding items to this thread. A few pieces before Wizard Philly and more the following week. Note the Captain Marvel Jr. and Marvel Marvel figures are sold as is the Disney file copy negative. Remaining items are still available.

Alex Ross 2008 Super Obama signed print.

Excellent condition and signed by Alex Ross. Print is framed. $100

get-attachment-7aspx.jpeg