• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avoid ebay buyer angelas90

54 posts in this topic

My personal favorite this year is a buyer that asked me if the comic had been read. Let that sink in for awhile.

People want their comics as 'minty' as possible. I actually say in my auctions, if the comic has never been read, then I put in the description "Comic is new and never been read, bagged & boarded as soon as I bought it."

-slym

My personal favorite this year is a buyer that asked me if the comic had been read. Let that sink in for awhile.

People want their comics as 'minty' as possible. I actually say in my auctions, if the comic has never been read, then I put in the description "Comic is new and never been read, bagged & boarded as soon as I bought it."

-slym

I remember someone saying an old lady came in for one of the hot speculation comics, I think Superman 75, and insisted on one that had never been touched by human hands. The store owner had to explain that those don't actually exist but he can help her find a nice one.

Is there a list for bad eBay'ers? Like the Probation and HOS threads?

I wonder what would happen if one used the search feature, posing this query?

hm

-slym

tried that and the google method-couldn't find that dang list!!

Holy Hannah in a handbasket, I tried using the forum's search feature just using eBay in the title only, max time limits, and it gave me 2 pages of results, only going back to last month.

CGC - please fix your stupid search function!!! It is horrible!

-slym

Holy Hannah in a handbasket, I tried using the forum's search feature just using eBay in the title only, max time limits, and it gave me 2 pages of results, only going back to last month.

CGC - please fix your stupid search function!!! It is horrible!

-slym

Right?

tech - oh, it's hysterical. for sure.

I'm fine with the neg. If it means other buyers like her don't want to buy from me, that's totally a positive.

slym - called already, they wouldn't take it off. don't really care enough to try again, mainly for the reason above.

eBay sucks so bad. And is so lazy. No reason not to remove this neg.

-slym

So it was you I really wondered that. lol

So if you bought it at a LCS. Do you ask the owner if it has been read when you are buying it? Better yet when you buy from DCBS or another online retailer do you ask them if the guy that packed it up read any of the books.

You missed the point here. In a lot of cases you just don't know.

WHy would I ask that? I am not concerned. But I do take it that books I buy have never been read, as in all the way through. They may have been picked up, thumbed past, and obviously they have been touched by human hands (I buy all books from a LCS) but I am pretty sure they have never been read.

Also, I didn't miss the point, I gave my opinion on why someone might ask "Has this been read yet," and I think it's a valid one.

-slym