• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective 40 CGC 5.0

33 posts in this topic

I agree. I only wanted to put down 2500 at most, however that book has sold for over 2-2500 in the past (1800 being the last sale). I thought to myself that if they were going to take it from my cold hands, they'd have to lay out some hard cash. I put down 2874. Last time someone did that to me, they ended up paying over 4k for batman #11 (1st joker cover)... cgc 7.0 :)

Either way, maybe some of the other tec 40 owners will see this sale and be willing to lay out their copy.

Looking at what that issue has been going for at other grade levels, 3K for a 5.0 doesn't sound high to me. It appears to be a nice, clean copy. Some people consider book as having the first Joker cover.

Why in the hell do ebay sellers do that ? I hate it when I say modern drek in a Golden Age search :censored:

He must have just blown it. He has a restored Tec 43 listed under GA right now. Shame though, the bidding might have gone even higher had he listed the #40 correctly.

Why in the hell do ebay sellers do that ? I hate it when I say modern drek in a Golden Age search :censored:

He must have just blown it. He has a restored Tec 43 listed under GA right now. Shame though, the bidding might have gone even higher had he listed the #40 correctly.

Of this I am sure. Lesson learned. Have to amplify my search to All comics :facepalm:

How'd this book not come up in my searches ? :pullhair:

For the same reason that it didn't come up in mine. The seller listed it under Bronze Age comics.

:facepalm:

This is why I have gotten into the habit of expecting epic failure of eBay sellers to properly catagorize comics, and thus I just search what I want in the entirety of the comic section of eBay. Takes a little more time, but I find what I want more often.

Of this I am sure. Lesson learned. Have to amplify my search to All comics :facepalm:

It's a problem either way, though, because not narrowing your searches results in your having to plow through tons of stuff. I finally gave up and just search GA, although I realize that I will miss some mis-categorized books.

I just search, for example, Detective comics and go highest priced down...that way, you pretty much can wade through the good stuff quickly, and not have to search through "drek"

I just search, for example, Detective comics and go highest priced down...that way, you pretty much can wade through the good stuff quickly, and not have to search through "drek"

Dumb as it seems, I'm so used to searching by "Newly listed" that I usually forget that "Highest price" is a good filter when doing a wide search.

:idea: