• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bad guys gone good

46 posts in this topic

Would the Black Cat count? :shy:

Yes and no. While she technically was on the wrong side of the law, her crimes compared to "traditional" bad guys vary so greatly that they don't even warrant a discussion.

Plus come on, if she committed crime would you hold it against her....(i certainly would) :devil:

Black Adam?

The White Queen

Submariner

I must be behind the times.

When did Black Adam become a good guy?

I'm not sure. It seems to me I read a book where he was working with the heroes. Might be mistaken. Maybe the Justice Society?

So who are some characters that were so popular as the bad guy that the powers that be converted them into good guys to make more $$? Good is a relative term for this discussion, let's face it, almost nobody has the same standards as Cap.

Off the top of my head I have:

Venom

Deadpool (very loose definition of good)

Catwoman

Punisher (though he was just doing a job really)

Poison Ivy is kind of on the fence, as are the Suicide Squad I guess technically...

I wouldn't say the punisher was a bad guy in his first appearance. He thought spiderman was a villian. Due to being tricked by the jackal.

Yes and no. While she technically was on the wrong side of the law, her crimes compared to "traditional" bad guys vary so greatly that they don't even warrant a discussion.

Plus come on, if she committed crime would you hold it against her....(i certainly would) :devil:

Who was it that started this thread and mentioned Catwoman? :baiting:

Anyway...

Lobo

Madrox, the Multiple Man

Sunfire

The Thunderbolts

Sabretooth was forced to work with X-Factor for a little while.

Who was it that started this thread and mentioned Catwoman? :baiting:

Anyway...

Lobo

Madrox, the Multiple Man

Sunfire

The Thunderbolts

Sabretooth was forced to work with X-Factor for a little while.

Guilty, your right, bot Cats then.... I also wouldn't count Sabretooth as he was forced to do it.

Wolverine

All the members of the Freedom Force ( the Blob, Pyro, etc. worked for the Govt )

dozens more that I cant think of at the moment

I don't believe Wolverine was ever a "bad guy".

They revealed a lot of his backstory in Origins - which really cast him in a pretty bad light in terms of his character. Not technically a bad guy, they wrote him pretty much like a bad person without an agenda in Origins.