• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Upgrading from a 9.6 to a 9.8

57 posts in this topic

Some people get annoyed by high post counts.

I used to have a few (or maybe more than a few) who were annoyed by my posting rate. I just saw it as good fun and didn't even realize I was bothering people until I heard them mention it.

I've pulled back on my post count since but have also learned that the ignore function works well if I get annoyed. :grin:

I've also learned not to take the ignore function personally. lol

I used to have a few (or maybe more than a few) who were annoyed by my posting rate. I just saw it as good fun and didn't even realize I was bothering people until I heard them mention it.

I've pulled back on my post count since but have also learned that the ignore function works well if I get annoyed. :grin:

I've found that no matter what you do some people will get annoyed. Even if you do nothing, some people get annoyed by that. So I just do what makes me happy and let other people get annoyed, if that makes them happy.

I've found that no matter what you do some people will get annoyed.

Yup.

I think sometimes it's because people might have preconceived notions as to why others do things.

I'll push the boundaries a little with my interactions to get a feel as to why things are happening but if I'm getting seriously annoyed with someone entertaining themselves then I'll just leave the area (or put 'em on ignore) and let the kitten play with the string to it's heart's content.

lol

In his case it isn't the post rate alone, it is the utter uselessness of the posts. I learned that if you ignore kav you still get all of the substance of a thread (such as it is here) and can read it more quickly. I only wish ignoring him would actually delete the posts, as that would cut many threads by half the length.

I wish BangZoom posted 700 times per week.

This.

In his case it isn't the post rate alone, it is the utter uselessness of the posts. I learned that if you ignore kav you still get all of the substance of a thread (such as it is here) and can read it more quickly. I only wish ignoring him would actually delete the posts, as that would cut many threads by half the length.

I wish BangZoom posted 700 times per week.

This.

And this post was incredibly useful somehow? Changed the world, did it?

I used to draw all day long. Then I got artists block so now I post. When I drew I did like 8-13 penciled/inked pages a week. I've always been a productive guy.....now I put all that energy into posting.

That's unfortunately not a good use of your time, but you know that right?

I used to draw all day long. Then I got artists block so now I post. When I drew I did like 8-13 penciled/inked pages a week. I've always been a productive guy.....now I put all that energy into posting.

That's unfortunately not a good use of your time, but you know that right?

Well, to be fair there are plenty of boardies that think it's a great use of my time and find my posts amusing and interesting. Some people don't like 'em, but they seem to be the people who take themselves too seriously, and I've never gotten along with those types....It's best when they put me on ignore-they don't gotta read my posts and I don't gotta hear their whining.

Yeah, you've got talent. (thumbs u

In fact, what are you doing wasting your time on here with people like me who cant draw?

Two talents-don't forget the one for people off.

I'm wasting my time till the artist's block lifts...if ever...then you wont see much of me...

I've found that no matter what you do some people will get annoyed. Even if you do nothing, some people get annoyed by that. So I just do what makes me happy and let other people get annoyed, if that makes them happy.

I'll take people like kav anyday of the week. He doesn't come across as an and sometimes his post are even amusing or contribute to the thread.

What I hate is the keyboard warriors. The real tough guy types who think they're Thor but in real like they're sad little meek people with pathetic lives. The ones that argue just for arguments sake and even then they go out of their way to rude about it.

In fact, what are you doing wasting your time on here with people like me who cant draw?

I'm wasting my time till the artist's block lifts...if ever...then you wont see much of me...

I would love to be able to draw, but I'm musically inclined instead.

Alright, I just had a thought...what if there was a talent show thread? This would give everyone a chance to show off their skills, and it might just be all around fun for everyone. Whoever wins the talent show (via poll) could receive 1 comic book from everyone involved in the show. hm

Does anyone know If this has been done before?

I would love to be able to draw, but I'm musically inclined instead.

Alright, I just had a thought...what if there was a talent show thread? This would give everyone a chance to show off their skills, and it might just be all around fun for everyone. Whoever wins the talent show (via poll) could receive 1 comic book from everyone involved in the show. hm

Does anyone know If this has been done before?

hm

Explain please? Maybe I'm slow but I don't know what you mean/said...

Explain please? Maybe I'm slow but I don't know what you mean/said...

Well if I start drawing again i won't have time to post.