• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Upgrading from a 9.6 to a 9.8

57 posts in this topic

Just take your 9.6, keep resubbing till ya get a 9.8. Much cheaper than buying a 9.8.

Is it?

What if the total resub costs are more than the price of a 9.8?

What if it never gets a 9.8?

Yeah and also what if it comes back as trimmed.....maybe not a great idea

qPpDhIy.png

Are you implying that more submissions is better?

That's a no-brainer.

The no-brain part is certainly correct.

Keep 'em coming. I live for this mess.

Just take your 9.6, keep resubbing till ya get a 9.8. Much cheaper than buying a 9.8.

Is it?

qPpDhIy.png

That's a no-brainer.

Good for you.

Is it?

qPpDhIy.png

That's a no-brainer.

Good for you.

Yep. Never saw the thrill of just hurling insults at people. Different strokes I guess.

Is it?

48408522_zps97605a95.jpg

Very sound advice from everyone....except kav.

Wait you got both advice to sell the 9.6 and to keep it-they can't both be 'sound advice'....

Yes you absolutely can. There is no finite answer. Both sides have sound logic behind them. Checking the graders notes and realizing that perhaps the flaw designating a 9.6 can be remedied by a press could certainly warrant a press and resubmission, especially if the 9.8 in questions is disproportionally priced compared to the 9.6. Similarly, if the 9.8 is only slightly more than the 9.6, selling the 9.6 and subsequently purchasing the 9.8 with the proceeds plus a nominal amount of cash would certainly be the better option as opposed to taking a gamble with the press/resub option. It really does depend on the book.

You know this makes sense kav, be honest...you just wanted another post...:baiting:

Very sound advice from everyone....except kav.

Wait you got both advice to sell the 9.6 and to keep it-they can't both be 'sound advice'....

Yes you absolutely can. There is no finite answer. Both sides have sound logic behind them. Checking the graders notes and realizing that perhaps the flaw designating a 9.6 can be remedied by a press could certainly warrant a press and resubmission, especially if the 9.8 in questions is disproportionally priced compared to the 9.6. Similarly, if the 9.8 is only slightly more than the 9.6, selling the 9.6 and subsequently purchasing the 9.8 with the proceeds plus a nominal amount of cash would certainly be the better option as opposed to taking a gamble with the press/resub option. It really does depend on the book.

You know this makes sense kav, be honest...you just wanted another post...:baiting:

Yep-you got me....

If you are a 9.8 kinda guy, then hold out and don't buy a 9.6- too late for that this time though. I have been waiting over a year for an Electra Vol 2 #3 recalled nude to become available in 9.8, and I won't buy anything else. If I did buy a 9.6, I would STILL be watching for a 9.8. I want to cross it off my list and be done with it. Plenty of other comics to hunt for!

Is it?

qPpDhIy.png

That's a no-brainer.

Good for you.

Yep. Never saw the thrill of just hurling insults at people. Different strokes I guess.

Another way to take it is maybe, just maybe you could tone it down a little. However, this has been brought up before so I expect you to ignore that and just keep on keeping on.

For example, I'd like to hear more about your art, not whatever random thought pops into your head.

Just curious though, what did you do before you found this site? Seriously

Is it?

qPpDhIy.png

I used my first ever ignore on kav this week, best move I've made on the boards so far.

Is it?

qPpDhIy.png

That's a no-brainer.

My uncle subscribed to this theory thinking more submissions with a little trim would get him a different result. 6 sons later he finally learned that it ain't gonna happen. Sometimes all the tries in the world doesn't get you a different result.

Is it?

qPpDhIy.png

I used my first ever ignore on kav this week, best move I've made on the boards so far.

He is my second ignore.

He is my second ignore, and I really appreciate this function.

He is my second ignore

You guys are harsh.....kav reminds me of that cartoon, with the big Bulldog "Spike" who's followed around by a little hyper dog who's always jumping around and yapping away. Thats kav, the little dog, he sure talks a lot but he's harmless. It's ok kav, you keep on posting, but the keys will fall off your keyboard so have a spare ready.

My uncle subscribed to this theory thinking more submissions with a little trim would get him a different result. 6 sons later he finally learned that it ain't gonna happen. Sometimes all the tries in the world doesn't get you a different result.

Wait. Are you talking about books or women?

You guys are harsh.....kav reminds me of that cartoon, with the big Bulldog "Spike" who's followed around by a little hyper dog who's always jumping around and yapping away. Thats kav, the little dog, he sure talks a lot but he's harmless. It's ok kav, you keep on posting, but the keys will fall off your keyboard so have a spare ready.

+1

I actually like Kav. He brings lighthearted spirit and humor to the boards that's sometimes congested with cranky people who like to argue (yes, I'm guilty as charged).

Kav definitely gets more grief than he deserves.

Yes. Both favorite discussion topics of mine. Why not combine them?

Yes. Both favorite discussion topics of mine. Why not combine them?

Love it.

+1

I actually like Kav. He brings lighthearted spirit and humor to the boards that's sometimes congested with cranky people who like to argue (yes, I'm guilty as charged).

Kav definitely gets more grief than he deserves.

The keys actually did fall off my keyboard

Is it?

qPpDhIy.png

That's a no-brainer.

Good for you.

Another way to take it is maybe, just maybe you could tone it down a little. However, this has been brought up before so I expect you to ignore that and just keep on keeping on.

For example, I'd like to hear more about your art, not whatever random thought pops into your head.

I used to draw all day long. Then I got artists block so now I post. When I drew I did like 8-13 penciled/inked pages a week. I've always been a productive guy.....now I put all that energy into posting.

Is it?

qPpDhIy.png

That's a no-brainer.

Good for you.

I used to draw all day long. Then I got artists block so now I post. When I drew I did like 8-13 penciled/inked pages a week. I've always been a productive guy.....now I put all that energy into posting.

Have you posted any of your artwork online? I would like to see it. :)