• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Never-ending Debate! Marvel vs Dc!

80 posts in this topic

Losers whine about doing their best (animation).

I know. Those animated movies don't count, do they?

At least not at the box office

Rio 2 will make billions of dollar as fans from all across the galaxy flock to Earth to see this at least 40-50 times per individual being, and purchase multiple Blu-Rays for their households (Earth-based and beyond).

:gossip: Is that how to post such crazy talk based on wild statements and nutty assumptions?

(shrug)

So now you're comparing DC's straight to DVD animations to major motion picture animations? :roflmao:

Desperate, DC fan boys are. :grin:

So now you're comparing DC's straight to DVD animations to major motion picture animations? :roflmao:

No desperate DC fan here. I am well-balanced enough to love a comic series or character across many companies, and don't have to link myself to just one.

Why you need to bash other companies or movies is a personal choice. Revel in it!

No desperate DC fan here. I am well-balanced enough to love a comic series or character across many companies, and don't have to link myself to just one.

Why you need to bash other companies or movies is a personal choice. Revel in it!

to be fair,, the Bruce Timm Batman short has topped any comic film ever anyway

they count. i mean just think about how many marvel movies you can name that are terrible and unwatchable, but there arent as many with DC.

you mean like...

Howard the Duck

Daredevil

Hulk

Punisher

Blade Trinity

Elektra

Fantastic 4

Fantastic 4 2

X-Men 3

GhostRider

GhostRider 2

Spiderman 3

Incredible Hulk

Iron Man 2

Iron Man 3

Thor

Thor 2

Punisher War Zone

Captain America

Wolverine

Wolverine

edit: :cloud9: Marvel

Part of the problem is that it's Batman & Superman vs the entire

Marvel universe. Until DC can make a decent non-Bats/Supes movie, Marvel will continue to knock them out of the stratosphere. If Marvel can pull of a GOTG movie with a bunch of unknown characters (TBD, but looks good) then why the hell can't DC figure out a Justice League movie! The recipe for success is already there...

Although my favorite character is Batman, I have to say Marvel is king right now. I actually dont think it's even close. If it weren't for this last Batman trilogy, DC would have almost nothing. I know a lot of people liked the last Superman movie but I didnt think it was that great.

Part of the problem is that it's Batman & Superman vs the entire

Marvel universe. Until DC can make a decent non-Bats/Supes movie, Marvel will continue to knock them out of the stratosphere. If Marvel can pull of a GOTG movie with a bunch of unknown characters (TBD, but looks good) then why the hell can't DC figure out a Justice League movie! The recipe for success is already there...

You hit it straight on, it's exactly like you said. Batman is cool, brings so much to DC, you can keep making movies with him. Just look at what Batman brings to the table, look at all the cool villains he brings. But you look past the Batman movies and you dont have much of anything else for DC.

The DC animated universe has generally been really good. I'm re-watching Young Justice as it just got added to Netflix and am really enjoying it. Again. Green Lantern: First Flight, Flashpoint, so many watchable recent DC animated movies. I hope they make many more.

I'm a DC guy but I would have to give the bow to Marvel, right now. Say what you will about their films, whether positive or negative, one thing that can't be disputed is that they have had a unified and linear plan since Iron Man 1 and they have executed it almost flawlessly. While other studios are now running around trying to implement and create something similar to Marvel's cinematic universe overnight, Marvel has built this thing from the ground up piece by piece and I'm simply in awe of their planning and strategy.

I'm a DC guy but I would have to give the bow to Marvel, right now. Say what you will about their films, whether positive or negative, one thing that can't be disputed is that they have had a unified and linear plan since Iron Man 1 and they have executed it almost flawlessly. While other studios are now running around trying to implement and create something similar to Marvel's cinematic universe overnight, Marvel has built this thing from the ground up piece by piece and I'm simply in awe of their planning and strategy.

Between the success of Sony's Spider-man franchise, Fox's X-Men franchise and Marvel Studio's series of well-connected movies, Marvel has had a heck of a solid run for a few years now. Making it sound like non-Marvel Studio movies are failures would be less than reality.

DC's successes usually tie in with Batman or Superman. Though 'V For Vendetta' and 'Constantine' more than doubled production costs. If DC can move quickly on the non-superhero productions in cinema and TV (Constantine, Justice League Dark, Preacher, Sandman, Y the Last Man), it may be much better off.

LpJprK5.png

Between the success of Sony's Spider-man franchise, Fox's X-Men franchise and Marvel Studio's series of well-connected movies, Marvel has had a heck of a solid run for a few years now. Making it sound like non-Marvel Studio movies are failures would be less than reality.

DC's successes usually tie in with Batman or Superman. Though 'V For Vendetta' and 'Constantine' more than doubled production costs. If DC can move quickly on the non-superhero productions in cinema and TV (Constantine, Justice League Dark, Preacher, Sandman, Y the Last Man), it may be much better off.

LpJprK5.png

Nice graphs, it actually shows a bigger gap than I thought. Marvel looks like it has crushed DC in movies for many yrs now (with exception of Batman movies). I like batman but looks like this Marvel trend of dominating will continue for many years.

I enjoy both comic companies and wish there was better competition from DC, better for us movie watchers, but for now it looks like there's no stopping Marvel for quite a while.

To me, any comic book movie is like sex or pizza: even when it's bad it's still good. There are exceptions, of course (*ahem* Wolverine Origins and Green Lantern). Let's just chalk the exceptions up to being a drunken trip to Sbarros or "...it happens to other guys, too."

To me, any comic book movie is like sex or pizza: even when it's bad it's still good. There are exceptions, of course (*ahem* Wolverine Origins and Green Lantern). Let's just chalk the exceptions up to being a drunken trip to Sbarros or "...it happens to other guys, too."

To me I take it personally when they screw up a beloved comic character like GL, Superman or Batman. It's not good under any circumstances. DC movies suck universally. The only good one, ever, was the original Superman movie. Otherwise total duds, every single one of them. Marvel has had some duds but they've had 2 cap moves, Avengers, Thor, first 2 Spiderman films. First 2 X Men. DC dud city.

There really isn't a comparison.

If you categorise comic book movies into two groups...decent to great and disappointing to poor...Marvel is running at around a 75/25 ratio in favour of decent movies.

DC is hard pressed to even manage a 50/50 split. :facepalm:

If you also consider that DC had a 20 year head-start, have been owned by Warner Bros since 1969 and have a universally known stable of characters, it really a disgrace that they have been so poor.

There really isn't a comparison.

If you categorise comic book movies into two groups...decent to great and disappointing to poor...Marvel is running at around a 75/25 ratio in favour of decent movies.

DC is hard pressed to even manage a 50/50 split. :facepalm:

If you also consider that DC had a 20 year head-start, have been owned by Warner Bros since 1969 and have a universally known stable of characters, it really a disgrace that they have been so poor.

If you take away Batman, they are not even in the conversation. I'd love for Batman to become the property of Marvel.

And if you're in the group that thinks Batman movies are worse than GL they're a nothing, a non-entity.