• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you block low ball buyers?

235 posts in this topic

The last time I was offered that much of a price cut on a book, was from a 12 year old WHOWASSUPEREXCITEDABOUTEVERYTHING. So I'm wary.

Well I'm 55 and I do it....just sayin....

WHAT????????????????

I'd have bet the farm that you were 22-23 tops

There is no way in hell the person behind that keyboard is 55.

Yeah, no chance whatsoever. Seems odd that he feels the need to lie about this, though :shrug:

The last time I was offered that much of a price cut on a book, was from a 12 year old WHOWASSUPEREXCITEDABOUTEVERYTHING. So I'm wary.

Well I'm 55 and I do it....just sayin....

WHAT????????????????

I'd have bet the farm that you were 22-23 tops

There is no way in hell the person behind that keyboard is 55.

Yeah, no chance whatsoever. Seems odd that he feels the need to lie about this, though :shrug:

I can post my birth certificate if everyone promises not to steal my identity....

Why so angry?

Not angry, 'bro'.

I usually avoid kavved threads because it's lots of talk with little substance. I tried to have a dialogue about the topic since it was my thread, but like everything you participate in, it's all your opinion and dribble and nothing else matters. No matter how many valid points others made in this thread, you only validated ones that agreed with you, and got continuously more CAPSLOCK about everything that didn't.

I continued to politely disagree with you and you resorted to name calling.

But thank you for ultimately answering my question. There is no point bartering with people like I mentioned, and you, because it leads to petty vindictiveness if they don't get what they want.

Why so angry?

Not angry, 'bro'.

I usually avoid kavved threads because it's lots of talk with little substance. I tried to have a dialogue about the topic since it was my thread, but like everything you participate in, it's all your opinion and dribble and nothing else matters. No matter how many valid points others made in this thread, you only validated ones that agreed with you, and got continuously more CAPSLOCK about everything that didn't.

But thank you for ultimately answering my question. There is no point bartering with people like I mentioned, and you, because it leads to petty vindictiveness if they don't get what they want.

Have you tried decaf?

Why so angry?

Not angry, 'bro'.

Have you tried decaf?

:facepalm: I MUST stop coming to this area.

I've already been approached by several large comic dealers about doing a web ad.

It seems I'm some kind of 'phenomenon'.

I hate when a seller puts OBO on a listing, but when I give an offer, they counter offer with an amount $.99 less than their asking price.

Really, bro?

OBO but you offer $1 less???

Who does that? Why put OBO if youre not willing to haggle?

Maybe they thought you were lowballing them?

I've had stuff listed at, say $500, and get an offer for $50. I'll then sometimes counter with a $499 offer.... but all along willing to accept $400 or so. I do it, because the dude was being a dink with the initial offer, so I'm a dink right back.

Perhaps that's why?

But if you make a fair offer to begin with then yes, I agree with you.

Even this doesn't make sense. Just ignore him. Why go out of the way to make an enemy????

I never went out of my way to make an enemy.

They did.

I hate when a seller puts OBO on a listing, but when I give an offer, they counter offer with an amount $.99 less than their asking price.

Really, bro?

I've had stuff listed at, say $500, and get an offer for $50. I'll then sometimes counter with a $499 offer.... but all along willing to accept $400 or so. I do it, because the dude was being a dink with the initial offer, so I'm a dink right back.

Perhaps that's why?

Even this doesn't make sense. Just ignore him. Why go out of the way to make an enemy????

They did.

They're gonna regret it....

Really, bro?

Perhaps that's why?

They did.

They're gonna regret it....

:sumo:

Eccentric billionaires have to buy a car from somebody-why not you?

do you have any idea how hard it is to work with eccentrics, nah, not worth the effort, move along to an easier mark.

YOU are an eccentric buyer.

meh

and your high moral ground is annoying, :eyeroll:

Take you seriously once, shame on you. Take you seriously twice, shame on me.

(shrug)

A lot of (most) prices on any "key" book on eBay are ridiculously inflated. I have been successful offering <50% of the posted value via the OBO or a message to the seller.

Without knowing what you are selling and determining whether or not $1,000 versus $350 is a fair price, it is kind of hard to give an opinion.

Is your book slabbed and priced inline with GPA? If it is raw, are you anywhere near guide?

It's slabbed. GPA is $700 from last year, last sale was 1350 on Clink a few months ago.

What is the book? Grade?

FYI - you seem to just have started this thread to argue with people...

(shrug)

A lot of (most) prices on any "key" book on eBay are ridiculously inflated. I have been successful offering <50% of the posted value via the OBO or a message to the seller.

Without knowing what you are selling and determining whether or not $1,000 versus $350 is a fair price, it is kind of hard to give an opinion.

Is your book slabbed and priced inline with GPA? If it is raw, are you anywhere near guide?

It's slabbed. GPA is $700 from last year, last sale was 1350 on Clink a few months ago.

What is the book? Grade?

FYI - you seem to just have started this thread to argue with people...

Definitely.

I gave him solid advice-he could not take it that's fine but he blew his top instead. ???

If someone offered me $350 on a book priced at $1000 I wouldn't waste time responding.

Hell, I'm wondering why I'm wasting time responding to a thread about the hypothetical question.

Look, it doesn't matter how ridiculous the asking price is, 75% off (or more) as an offer is a waste of time.

The odds are so small that you'd get somebody to accept 75% of the amount THEY CHOSE to list it for, it becomes a meaningless exercise.

Just don't do it. If someone has a $100 item listed for $1,000, move on. It doesn't matter if your $100 is right in line with market, it's 90% less than the seller asked for. Nothing good can come of that.

And if it's a $1000 item, and you offer $100, you're a cheapskate.

I get lots of silly offers. Most of them, I just ignore. I had one guy who wanted a "bulk deal"....75% off everything. I could make more selling all of it in one lot with a start bid of 99 cents. I'm NOT a dumper, obviously.

If someone offered me $350 on a book priced at $1000 I wouldn't waste time responding.

Hell, I'm wondering why I'm wasting time responding to a thread about the hypothetical question.

Well since you do things that way I guess it must be the right way to do things.

Kinda nervous you're thinking about my balls, though....

Well since you do things that way I guess it must be the right way to do things.

It works for me.

It works for me.

OK

What about the balls thing, though-should I be concerned??