• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you block low ball buyers?

235 posts in this topic

I hate when a seller puts OBO on a listing, but when I give an offer, they counter offer with an amount $.99 less than their asking price.

Really, bro?

OBO but you offer $1 less???

Who does that? Why put OBO if youre not willing to haggle?

Maybe they thought you were lowballing them?

I've had stuff listed at, say $500, and get an offer for $50. I'll then sometimes counter with a $499 offer.... but all along willing to accept $400 or so. I do it, because the dude was being a dink with the initial offer, so I'm a dink right back.

Perhaps that's why?

But if you make a fair offer to begin with then yes, I agree with you.

Even this doesn't make sense. Just ignore him. Why go out of the way to make an enemy????

I hate when a seller puts OBO on a listing, but when I give an offer, they counter offer with an amount $.99 less than their asking price.

Really, bro?

This drives me utterly nuts. I lose it. Makes me wanna buy something cheap from dude and leave neg. Repeatedly.

That right there is why I don't haggle with lowballers and block them. Ridiculous.

Really, bro?

Maybe they thought you were lowballing them?

I've had stuff listed at, say $500, and get an offer for $50. I'll then sometimes counter with a $499 offer.... but all along willing to accept $400 or so. I do it, because the dude was being a dink with the initial offer, so I'm a dink right back.

Perhaps that's why?

But if you make a fair offer to begin with then yes, I agree with you.

+1

-slym

Really, bro?

This drives me utterly nuts. I lose it. Makes me wanna buy something cheap from dude and leave neg. Repeatedly.

That right there is why I don't haggle with lowballers and block them. Ridiculous.

Not being a works pretty good too....

Really, bro?

"The weak man substitutes rudeness for strength."

Hysterical.

Really, bro?

Hysterical.

I have no idea what you're talking about

If you're saying it's somehow rude to call a a , I would politely disagree with that one....

Hysterical.

Please. I was quoting your sig line, that you conveniently changed when I called you out for being a hypocrite.

I can see why you're a shut in. There. Now I'm a . Continue.

Hysterical.

Please. I was quoting your sig line, that you conveniently changed when I called you out for being a hypocrite.

I can see why you're a shut in. There. Now I'm a . Continue.

Why so angry?

I'm a shut-in because I'm a hypocrite?

Ya lost me bro.

No idea what this thread is about or anything.

Just noticed this and had to comment.

HOLY SH*TB@LLS!

5200 posts since NOVEMBER.

That's 32 posts every day for the past 140 days..

Good lord dude.. slow down. lol

Ya lost me bro.

HOLY SH*TB@LLS!

I can cut 20 posts a day....

Ya lost me bro.

HOLY SH*TB@LLS!

I can cut 20 posts a day....

When did comics general turn into the lets talk about how much Kav posts area? Every time I click something here this seems to be the hot topic and how he is a shut in. :facepalm: I don't come into this area a lot and I feel like I read those things at least 50 times. lol. Maybe the mods can add Kav's name somewhere in the heading.

We've all heard stories of the Lexus dealer who gave the bum the brush off only to find out he was an eccentric billionaire.

What's the commission on a $30,000 car? A grand?

A Lexus dealer doesn't need to rely on billionaires, plenty of secretaries drive Lexus too.

Now if it's a Ferrari dealer, run credit first, kiss second.

Does anyone else get the feeling that it's not the collectors who are lowballing, but flippers scrounging around for a big payoff? I wouldn't dream of insulting a seller with an offer of 50%
Both happen. But I doubt the flipper with the crazy pricetag even gets offers. When I see someone with a stupid asking price on something I just move along. He obviously doesn't want to sell it.

Does anyone else get the feeling that it's not the collectors who are lowballing, but flippers scrounging around for a big payoff? I wouldn't dream of insulting a seller with an offer of 50%

I think most of the time it's that. Someone tried to offer me $49 for a high grade Hulk 271, going on about how it's for their sons birthday. Lo-and-behold, they sell comic books on Ebay, at FMV prices. Blocked.

I don't want to sell a book to someone who is that much of a blatant liar, who knows what they'll try down the road.

I would never discount something because someone was buying it for a gift, or because they said it was for their personal collection, ect.

The toy store doesn't sell their Lego sets cheaper if you're actually buying it for a kid.