• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bookmans/ZIA

7 posts in this topic

Over the last few months I have seen a drastic change in these two stores. You used to be able to get some nice finds from them. Now they are pulling all the back issues the remotely think are worth something and pricing them at or above retail( their ability to grade is almost laughable). Has anyone else noticed this? I have gotten to the point after checking one Bookmans today I just may boycott them.

Over the last few months I have seen a drastic change in these two stores. You used to be able to get some nice finds from them. Now they are pulling all the back issues the remotely think are worth something and pricing them at or above retail( their ability to grade is almost laughable). Has anyone else noticed this? I have gotten to the point after checking one Bookmans today I just may boycott them.

I actually have noticed this at Zia's. It really sucks, I'm with you.

Yes the Bookmans are in AZ. I don't have a problem with people making money but they are not paying more than their normal .05 - .10 an issue. The whole business was based on a place for people to get used books for reasonable prices( same bait and switch as Walmart I guess).

If I want to pay retail I will support my local comic shop. JMHO

Does Bookmans still put the price tags directly on the comics? I loved Zia 20 years ago but I haven't found anything decent in years. Both companies sell online so there aren't many finds anymore. Except, about once a year, I make it down to the Bookmans on Speedway in Tucson and I always find something there.