• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Mystery Comics trimmed?

25 posts in this topic

Just wondering...

I saw this copy of Marvel Mystery Comics 46 and thought for sure it was severely trimmed (granted, I haven't seen many copies to begin with) but then I saw this Universal 1.0.

Even though the cover was reattached, it looks like it may have that same kind of cut to the cover.

Is this just common for Timelys? :shrug:

Raw GD+:

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=25565720

CGC 1.0:

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=24285823

I was very concerned that the MCS raw copy was trimmed and bid accordingly (and lost). It is sometimes difficult to identify trimming and the little scans on MCS make it even harder.

If that book had been in a blue CGC holder, it would have gone for much, much more. Makes you wonder. hm

Just for an easier comparison instead of having to click the original links...

1348423_zps68eadd08.jpg

1862900_zpsd833bfce.jpg

Edit- Definitely see a difference now in Pickled Hitler's chair.

We definitely should have caught that. The winning bidder is a good customer--we're checking with him to see if he wants it, or if it needs to be relisted.

Conan, while we can't say with 100% certainty it's trimmed, the visual evidence persuaded me from bidding

We definitely should have caught that. The winning bidder is a good customer--we're checking with him to see if he wants it, or if it needs to be relisted.

Conan, while we can't say with 100% certainty it's trimmed, the visual evidence persuaded me from bidding

And I bid assuming that it was trimmed and bid a lot lower than I would have otherwise.

(thumbs u Nice to hear.

I bid pretty high on it too. I bid on it assuming I could return it if I found it to be trimmed once I received it. It's rather hard to determine from a scan if the book is trimmed or not, as it appears the cover & the interior had been separated for quite some time.

West

That appears to be true based on the cross of the far right spectator's tunic.

not at all trying to stir the pot but IMHO doesn't the 1.5 seem to have just a little taken off? on Ricks copy you can see the whole cross...I could be wrong and it could just be a reflection of the grade but CGC has admitted to missing trimming before haven't they? ie JIM 83?

EDIT TO ADD...BOTH really cool books BTW

not at all trying to stir the pot but IMHO doesn't the 1.5 seem to have just a little taken off? on Ricks copy you can see the whole cross...I could be wrong and it could just be a reflection of the grade but CGC has admitted to missing trimming before haven't they? ie JIM 83?

If you account for registration they are pretty much same size

If you account for registration they are pretty much same size

I see what you are saying yes thanks for pointing that out Rick...I was looking at this on my phone but the 1.5 does seem to have slightly more of the image on the left or spine side so I would say registration wise I agree...my apologies i stand corrected doh!