• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics in the Bronze Age
2 2

139 posts in this topic

José Luis García-López appreciation!

P1000891_zps1c54feec.jpg

Nice books. Garcia-Lopez is an excellent, underrated artist.

Thank you. He is very underrated.

Action 471 & Supes 311 were the very 1st Superman books I plucked from the stands as a youngster.... :cloud9:

Loved his covers on those....

yF7YyPx.jpg

Just catching up on this thread. I'm a huge fan of the bronze Supes titles. I enjoyed them as a kid and still do. I've been working on high grade runs of Action, Supes and WF for almost twenty years. Though most of my books are raw, they are of equal quality to 9.6/9.8s. Some are CGC crack outs.

I'll try to post scans of some of my books soon. Great to know others enjoy these book as much as I do!

Nice pick ups! I was asked recently about what to expect on prices for 9.8 Action examples, also for 9.4 to 9.6. I could only talk about my experience with 9.8 prices. You mentioned some of your books being CGC crack outs, I'm starting (slowly) to build a raw run of Actions and had thought about the possibility of cracking out some 9.2-4 examples if the price was right (just thought at a the moment). In your experience, are prices fairly cheap for these examples or do they very - like everything else.

I really like the cover of Action #411, I need to find a nice raw copy of that one.