• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

saw Amazing SpiderMan 2

415 posts in this topic

Waaay too much teenage angst in 1st one. Sounds like this might be rinse repeat.

Spidey and teenage angst - noooooo. Stan and Steve will surely be spitting feathers.

I just hope Peter Parker is likeable in this one. The character in the first one was an and wasn't anyone I wanted to cheer for.

Sony Just sucks!

Give the rights back to Marvel!

:sumo:

Giving the rights to Ed Wood would be better.

It's out here (Australia), but I can't decide whether or not to go. I know I'm likely to hate it, and that's bad enough with a rental let alone when it costs $20+. For what a trip to the theater costs here I could practically buy the blu-ray when it comes out.

When did you move to Australia?!

For real...Didn't know that either.

:blush: I'm here for five months on a Fulbright, I'll be back in June.

Waaay too much teenage angst in 1st one. Sounds like this might be rinse repeat.

Spidey and teenage angst - noooooo. Stan and Steve will surely be spitting feathers.

I just hope Peter Parker is likeable in this one. The character in the first one was an and wasn't anyone I wanted to cheer for.

Nail. Head.

And that's unforgivable.

These "film makers" don't have a clue about this character.

It's out here (Australia), but I can't decide whether or not to go. I know I'm likely to hate it, and that's bad enough with a rental let alone when it costs $20+. For what a trip to the theater costs here I could practically buy the blu-ray when it comes out.

When did you move to Australia?!

For real...Didn't know that either.

:blush: I'm here for five months on a Fulbright, I'll be back in June.

Very cool. Kudos! That's quite an achievement. :acclaim:

Watching a computer generated Spider-Man fly across the screen in slow-mo, then fast-mo, then slow-mo... it just doesn't generate a lot of excitement. Tries hard to justify its presence, but with far too much angst and not enough to invest in, it fails.

Watching a computer generated Spider-Man fly across the screen in slow-mo, then fast-mo, then slow-mo... it just doesn't generate a lot of excitement. Tries hard to justify its presence, but with far too much angst and not enough to invest in, it fails.

at least quote the source you're stealing from

http://www.thefilmpie.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3160:review-the-amazing-spider-man-2&catid=36:reviews

at least quote the source you're stealing from

http://www.thefilmpie.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3160:review-the-amazing-spider-man-2&catid=36:reviews

I thought it went w/out saying since dude just posted the link....

When I was a kid in the 80's, Spiderman or any super heroes in a moderately believable movie was a pipe dream never to be realized. I think some people expect way to much from a super hero movie.

Maybe as far as effects go but the most important element of a film is the actual story. You can have effects up the yin yang and still suck awesomely like Pacific Rim Job....

When I was a kid in the 80's, Spiderman or any super heroes in a moderately believable movie was a pipe dream never to be realized. I think some people expect way to much from a super hero movie.

after Spiderman 2 it's understandable that people get frustrated with giant steps backwards

Stop the presses! A reason to watch Spider-Man 2...

... credits that is.

"Spidey Gets an X-Men Assist in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Credits Scene"

https://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/-the-amazing-spider-man-2--post-credits-scene-features-----the--x-men-192429195.html

Anyone catch it?

Thanks for ruining the entire film for me.

Stop the presses! A reason to watch Spider-Man 2...

... credits that is.

"Spidey Gets an X-Men Assist in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' Credits Scene"

https://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/-the-amazing-spider-man-2--post-credits-scene-features-----the--x-men-192429195.html

Anyone catch it?

not really

For those curious, Variety reports the reason this teaser clip is in place is because The Amazing Spider-Man franchise director Marc Webb had an existing contract with Fox Searchlight to helm another film following 2009′s (500) Days of Summer. After The Amazing Spider-Man in 2012, Webb’s negotiations briefly stalled with Sony as he was caught in a tug-of-war with Fox. Eventually, Fox agreed to allow Webb to direct Sony’s sequel, but only if Sony would promote its X-Men film for free." So there you go. http://www.firstshowing.net/2014/x-men-days-of-future-past-has-a-clip-after-amazing-spider-man-2/