• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

saw Amazing SpiderMan 2

415 posts in this topic

I enjoyed ASM 2..I am a die hard Spidey fan so I am biased. I go to the theater to be entertained. And it did that. I didn't compare it to the comics etc. I just really had a fun time with it. They set up for the off shoot movies and the mid-credit scene was great..And I am a 47 yr old Spidey fan..I just thought the movie was awesome. If your looking for something that will be cathartic to you, try a depp movie or something thats supposed to have hidden meaning behind the movie..If you just want to have a fun time, go see this..

You are 100% right.

:golfclap:^^ and +1000000000 to you

:applause:

The regular people (non nerds) who have seen this overseas are all raving about how fun this movie is. The kids love it and that's who it was made for. Take your kids to go see it and they'll leave the theater very happy.

Just like the Joel Schumacher Batman movies!

Except those movies killed the franchise while these ASM movies are making billions of dollars and they have several more in the works plus spin-offs. So obviously these ASM movies are not "just like" the Joel Schumacher Batman movies. ;)

In the U.S., Batman Forever (1997) did $184 million domestic ($286 million adjusted) compared to 2012's Amazing Spider-man at $262 million domestic ($270 million adjusted).

Both featured campy retellings of the characters story.

(shrug)

As much as even I like to think it.............. the world does not revolve around the U.S.

ASM1

ASM2

ASM3

ASM4

Venom

Sinister Six

++ more unannounced

How many billions will they add up to? Maybe the world just enjoys the Spider-Man :cloud9: character that much more than Batman? :headbang:

:gossip: Batman has beaten Spider-man in overseas dollars... and keep in mind, those are the SECOND and THIRD Batman films in the series... it'll be interesting to see what ASM 2 pulls in...

ASM1: $490 Million Foreign

Dark Knight Rises: $636 Million Foreign

Dark Knight $469 Million Foreign ($520 million adjusted)

If you are a Spider-man fan and can't get excited about seeing your favorite character on screen with now 5 pictures then that is your shortcomings.

What the heck is that supposed to mean?

Are you one of those fanboys who think that "it's impossible to make a bad Spider-man movie" and simply because it exists, it must be worshiped?

If so, that's pretty sad.

They obviously did make a couple outstanding Spider-man movies. The only one that is universally thought of as being bad was Spider-man 3.

IDK every time you post I have to ask myself why does this guy even post here?

You aren't a fan of anything but complaining and you not even a buyer in the hobby.

You show me one positive post you have made in enjoyment of this hobby, and I will show you when Jesus is coming back to earth.

I enjoyed ASM 2..I am a die hard Spidey fan so I am biased. I go to the theater to be entertained. And it did that. I didn't compare it to the comics etc. I just really had a fun time with it. They set up for the off shoot movies and the mid-credit scene was great..And I am a 47 yr old Spidey fan..I just thought the movie was awesome. If your looking for something that will be cathartic to you, try a depp movie or something thats supposed to have hidden meaning behind the movie..If you just want to have a fun time, go see this..

You are 100% right.

The regular people (non nerds) who have seen this overseas are all raving about how fun this movie is. The kids love it and that's who it was made for. Take your kids to go see it and they'll leave the theater very happy.

Except those movies killed the franchise while these ASM movies are making billions of dollars and they have several more in the works plus spin-offs. So obviously these ASM movies are not "just like" the Joel Schumacher Batman movies. ;)

In the U.S., Batman Forever (1997) did $184 million domestic ($286 million adjusted) compared to 2012's Amazing Spider-man at $262 million domestic ($270 million adjusted).

(shrug)

You think the ASM movie is campy? In what way?

In every way.

The drama was silly, the romance was silly, the crane scene was silly, the Lizard was silly, Curt Conners was silly.... it looked to me as if they didn't take the character seriously at all.

If you are a Spider-man fan and can't get excited about seeing your favorite character on screen with now 5 pictures then that is your shortcomings.

What the heck is that supposed to mean?

Are you one of those fanboys who think that "it's impossible to make a bad Spider-man movie" and simply because it exists, it must be worshiped?

If so, that's pretty sad.

They obviously did make a couple outstanding Spider-man movies. The only one that is universally thought of as being bad was Spider-man 3.

IDK every time you post I have to ask myself why does this guy even post here?

You aren't a fan of anything but complaining and you not even a buyer in the hobby.

You show me one positive post you have made in enjoyment of this hobby, and I will show you when Jesus is coming back to earth.

:popcorn:

You are 100% right.

(shrug)

As much as even I like to think it.............. the world does not revolve around the U.S.

ASM1

ASM2

ASM3

ASM4

Venom

Sinister Six

++ more unannounced

How many billions will they add up to? Maybe the world just enjoys the Spider-Man :cloud9: character that much more than Batman? :headbang:

:gossip: Batman has beaten Spider-man in overseas dollars... and keep in mind, those are the SECOND and THIRD Batman films in the series... it'll be interesting to see what ASM 2 pulls in...

Batman > Spiderman

i'd have a punt that that is the consensus of most people i know

You are 100% right.

(shrug)

ASM1

ASM2

ASM3

ASM4

Venom

Sinister Six

++ more unannounced

:gossip: He compared the ASM movies to the Joel Schumacher Batman movies, not the Nolan trilogy. Or are you saying Nolan's Batman were also campy? lol Please try to keep up.

You are 100% right.

(shrug)

In every way.

The drama was silly, the romance was silly, the crane scene was silly, the Lizard was silly, Curt Conners was silly…. it looked to me as if they didn't take the character seriously at all.

Don't forget when he unmasked for the kid.

Wait am I agreeing with Chuck :makepoint:

You are 100% right.

(shrug)

In every way.

The drama was silly, the romance was silly, the crane scene was silly, the Lizard was silly, Curt Conners was silly.... it looked to me as if they didn't take the character seriously at all.

hm Silly is not the same as camp.

Unless the US definition is different to the one in the UK.

You are 100% right.

(shrug)

In every way.

The drama was silly, the romance was silly, the crane scene was silly, the Lizard was silly, Curt Conners was silly…. it looked to me as if they didn't take the character seriously at all.

Don't forget when he unmasked for the kid.

Wait am I agreeing with Chuck :makepoint:

Again, that's not 'camp'.

You are 100% right.

(shrug)

In every way.

Silly might be better. I was just agreeing with Chuck!

You are 100% right.

(shrug)

In every way.

Yup, I agree. And all the children loved it soooo much it made a fortune. So much money that 5 sequels are planned, including spinoffs. Maybe even more. Spider-Man... a comic book, cartoon character for children. Now a major motion picture for children. It seems the only people with a problem with this franchise are nerdy men over the age of 40 who can't accept the fact that comic book characters, especially Spider-Man were made for children. Awww, Sony won't make an adult version of Spider-Man. Poor little 50 year old nerd that never grew up. lol

You are 100% right.

(shrug)

ASM1

ASM2

ASM3

ASM4

Venom

Sinister Six

++ more unannounced

Batman > Spiderman

i'd have a punt that that is the consensus of most people i know

If they did Spider-man right, and they, for the most part, started off that way will the Raimi movies... He'd be the biggest ever.

Spider-man:

Domestic: $403 million ($531 million adjusted)

Foreign: $418 million ($551 million adjusted)

Spider-man 2:

Domestic: $373 million ($471 million adjusted)

Foreign: $410 million ($518 million adjusted)

Spider-man 3:

Domestic: $336 million ($388 million adjusted)

Foreign: $554 million ($639 million adjusted)

Amazing Spider-man:

Domestic: $262 million ($270 million adjusted)

Foreign: $490 million ($506 million adjusted)

Domestically, the Amazing Spider-man was fourth of the 4 Spidey films.

In the Foreign market, the Amazing Spider-man was fourth of the 4 Spidey films in adjusted dollars.

You are 100% right.

(shrug)

In every way.

Yup, I agree. And all the children loved it soooo much it made a fortune. So much money that 5 sequels are planned, including spinoffs. Maybe even more. Spider-Man... a comic book, cartoon character for children. Now a major motion picture for children. It seems the only people with a problem with this franchise are nerdy men over the age of 40 who can't accept the fact that comic book characters, especially Spider-Man were made for children. Awww, Sony won't make an adult version of Spider-Man. Poor little 50 year old nerd that never grew up. lol

if he never grew up...then surely he'd like it? :makepoint:

You are 100% right.

(shrug)

In every way.

If they're made for children, how come they're rated PG-13?

You are 100% right.

(shrug)

In every way.

if he never grew up...then surely he'd like it? :makepoint:

lol

Touche.

I didn't mean him specifically, but all the 40+ year old nerdy, fanboys that complain how the movies don't match up to the comics they read 40 -50 years ago.

How many billions will they add up to? Maybe the world just enjoys the Spider-Man :cloud9: character that much more than Batman?

Really? Really?

Hopefully you're just acting dumb, as the foreign box office is much bigger, important and targeted now than even 5 years back, let alone the 1990's.

That's why movies continue to get dumber and dumber, as dialogue doesn't travel to Outer Mongolia.

You are 100% right.

(shrug)

In every way.

"Camp is an aesthetic sensibility that regards something as appealing or humorous because of its ridiculousness to the viewer."

That exactly describes how I feel Sony views this franchise.