• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Negative Kudos

29 posts in this topic

Kudos is set up for positive transactions, the Probation List for transactions that go awry.

Currently, there is no recourse for boardies who have problematic transactions here on the board involving lack of timliness, innaccurate grading or poor packaging.

Just so we're clear, this has nothing to do with any transactions I've done here. I truly was just wondering. But it does seem like participation medals. What if grading is off, or shipping slow, i.e., nothing PL warranted. Just leave nothing?

Just so we're clear, this has nothing to do with any transactions I've done here. I truly was just wondering. But it does seem like participation medals. What if grading is off, or shipping slow, i.e., nothing PL warranted. Just leave nothing?

Email the seller and mention it to them so hopefully a resolution can be reached. However that is why we have cgc for slabbed books and sellers usually scan raw books.

The General Discussion thread would be just the place to raise issues with the grading, packaging, communication, timeliness, or other issues related to board transactions. I'm surprised people don't take advantage of it, but there's reluctance to mention problems whose disclosure could create conflict.

We are a tight nest of bees here Dave. Talk to the seller through pm, if that doesn't go anywhere warn folks about this sellers issues through other pm's.

A reputation is everything here! That is why I do everything possible to make sure a buyer is happy with the books I sell.

(thumbs u

Has/does anyone ever leave negative kudos on here? Yes, an oxymoron, but just wondering.

Having a true feedback thread has been much discussed, but we don't have one and it seems unlikely we ever will. Leaving negative kudos is verboten.

The result is there is no way to warn other buyers that you have had a problem with a seller short of nominating the seller to the PL.

Has/does anyone ever leave negative kudos on here? Yes, an oxymoron, but just wondering.

Having a true feedback thread has been much discussed, but we don't have one and it seems unlikely we ever will. Leaving negative kudos is verboten.

The result is there is no way to warn other buyers that you have had a problem with a seller short of nominating the seller to the PL.

Even if it is under the Kudos thread, has anybody ever attempted to leave a negative comment on one? I understand the PL is the main place to go, but it seems like posting in the Kudos would help others too.

Even if it is under the Kudos thread, has anybody ever attempted to leave a negative comment on one? I understand the PL is the main place to go, but it seems like posting in the Kudos would help others too.

I believe the Mods would delete the post if the seller asked them to. Poster might get a wrist slap as well.

Yeah, it happened

And as far as negatives if there are unresolved issues that cant get resolved between buyer and seller they usually get brought up in the Probation Discussion or the General Discussion over in the Marketplace.

A search of someone's name will usually show any prior issues, including if the person was previously on the probation list.

Most sellers have a return policy, correct? I know I do on the occasion that I sell, and most sellers I see do as well. As far as warning off others about grading, shipping, packaging, etc. there is no real recourse (as far as I know).