• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic book Inkers - They really DO make a difference!

189 posts in this topic

Well a foot in the door to a business that is not hiring doesn't do much. Many of the artists currently working in the industry still have to struggle for work.

Well a foot in the door to a business that is not hiring doesn't do much. Many of the artists currently working in the industry still have to struggle for work.

I know it's tough. I was friends with several artists who were hired during the "boom" of the 90's only to struggle since that time to find steady work in the field. A foot in the door never hurts though.

TRue....If I was better I'd have a better chance-no denying that. Get as good as Tim Lane and you WILL get hired.....

Sal Buscema would never be hired today.

TRue....If I was better I'd have a better chance-no denying that. Get as good as Tim Lane and you WILL get hired.....

Not fair. How many classic artists would not be able to break in the business now? If you've ever seen Barry Smith's or George Perez's first work for Marvel you would wonder how they would fare in this era.

Not fair. How many classic artists would not be able to break in the business now? If you've ever seen Barry Smith's or George Perez's first work for Marvel you would wonder how they would fare in this era.

Well, a lot of them broke in as assistants, right?

Perez was Rich Buckler's assistant when he broke into the industry.

Dan Adkins certainly had quite a few artists he helped get work at Marvel (P. Craig Russell immediately comes to mind).

And Dan was himself an assistant to Wally Wood. Wally had numerous assistants over the years, including Mike Zeck, Ralph Reese, and Joe Orlando to name but a few.