• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about Superman/Batman 1 RRP

30 posts in this topic

I say get the unsigned. I'm like the people that Chrisco mentioned... if there is writing on the book I won't get it. If you ever plan on selling the book again you are instantly losing many potential buyers.

On the other hand... if you don't plan on selling it then get it if it has the artist you want confused-smiley-013.gif

Remember that CGC will not validate books that are signed at multiple locations which can make a dual or triple signed book that much more difficult to come by.

I did not know this. That would defenitely make the decision a little harder. Especially given Kevin's comment that they live on seperate costs.

I say get the unsigned. I'm like the people that Chrisco mentioned... if there is writing on the book I won't get it. If you ever plan on selling the book again you are instantly losing many potential buyers.

I think it really depends on who's doing the signing. You may be losing potential buyers, but you may end up gaining a few more. For example, a 9.8 Superman #204 RRP sells on average between $900 and $1200. A Signature Series 9.8 copy just sold yesterday for over $2000. Crazy money? You've got no argument from me.

Remember that CGC will not validate books that are signed at multiple locations which can make a dual or triple signed book that much more difficult to come by.

I did not know this. That would defenitely make the decision a little harder. Especially given Kevin's comment that they live on seperate costs.

Kev's absolutely right. Let's say you wanted both Jeph Loeb and Michael Turner to sign Superman/Batman #8. In 2004, the only places you could have done that was in WW LA and San Diego where both were in attendance. If you already have a Michael Turner signed book, you can't simply crack it to get Loeb's autograph as well and then resubmitt for grading. Obviously, you can't get one of the two to sign your book and hold onto it until the next con where the other will be appearing. This is why I have two Planetary #1's, one signed by Cassaday and the other by Warren Ellis. Personally, I'd love to get both signatures one book, but they just haven't appeared anywhere together.

Here's one for a sig series scenario headache:

Let's say I buy a USM 1 DF variant cover with a head sketch done by Art Thibert. I get it slabbed by CGC so I get a green label 9.6. I take it to the next con where Bendis will be appearing and can get it Sig Series'ed through guys like AlexH or Pete Dixon and the Paradise Posse. what color does the label come back as on this book?

Yellow because it got sig series with Bendis's sig? but if yellow then, wouldn't that be like CGC verifying Art Thibert's sketch and sig from a previous product?

Or would it remain green because of the Art Thibert (unverified by CGC )work, superceding the proper Sig Seriesed Bendis sig, and then if not yellow label, techincally I overpaid for the Sig series service?

tongue.gif

It would remain Qualified, and Peter or whoever would have to tell you at the time you dropped the book off that it wouldn't qualify for Signature Series because of the original DF signature and suggest that you save your money. Peter could probably get it signed for you if you wanted to crack it out, but it would be submitted with the second signature on it under the normal modern tier.

Thanks for the questions Darth, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. One other thing about your first question Darth. It will be qualified but if it was witnessed it will say signed by Bendis... they just won't do Thibert. I'm not sure whether it will go through the modern tier, probably the SS price.

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics

paradisecomics@wiznet.ca