• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling & shipping books

32 posts in this topic

It is just a large Priority box, not Flat Rate. I love them. I put my 1092 boxes inside. Good savings when sending to closer US locations

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm shipping from NC to NYC. Will Paypal calculate the best price for this or should I walk it into my local p.o. for a potential better deal?

It is just a large Priority box, not Flat Rate. I love them. I put my 1092 boxes inside. Good savings when sending to closer US locations

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm shipping from NC to NYC. Will Paypal calculate the best price for this or should I walk it into my local p.o. for a potential better deal?

As long as your figures are correct, PayPal should be able to give you the correct (and cheaper than counter) rate.

-slym

I took my ready-to-go 1095 box down to my local post office and paid $10.16 which included additional insurance. USPS Flat Box would've cost me about $20.

Thanks to all your help!

Thanks...I will check and see if my local post office has the 1095 boxes.

Jeff, if you need help packaging up the slabs, let me know. I can swing by and show you.

Marc

Is the 1095 considered a Large Flat Rate Box or Medium?

You can actually use it for medium flat rate as well as regular priority, at least i have.

I shipped a slabbed book. The 1095 easily fit with room for bubble wrap and peanuts to spare. Best choice.

You can actually use it for medium flat rate as well as regular priority, at least i have.

I shipped a slabbed book. The 1095 easily fit with room for bubble wrap and peanuts to spare. Best choice.

Its a very good choice, i myself use the 1092/1095 combo for slabs.

You can.

Will it get by?

Probably.

But if your customer gets a surcharge, they will not be happy.

USPS is tightening up all over. They send employees to revenue loss prevention training and drill into them "upcharge, upcharge, upcharge". It doesn't really matter whether or not they properly apply surcharges, because most of your customers will not know how to fight it.

I just got hit with my first upcharge on a Priority Flat rate envelope (Mylar bags, not comics) in over 5 years. I called the post office that applied it and asked them why and they started making up non-existant rules and claimed that my package did not meet the flat rate requirements. Where do you think this employee just got back from? That's right: revenue loss prevention training, I then read them the actual requirements out of the Domestic Mail Manual (their Bible) and said the customer would return the package for a refund of the surcharge. Long story short, they still did not give it to him. I then called my postmaster, who said he would refund me.