• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Scalped #1

11 posts in this topic

Interested to know how the color rub/fading impacts the grade. Seller has all of his comics in long boxes w/o a bag or a board. Can find some good comics there, but condition is questionable.

You can click on the picture to get a larger image.

Thanks everyone!

SC_1_FC_C_zpsea453c43.jpg

SC_1_BC_C_zpse9ba357f.jpg

Thanks, everyone. I have it as a VF/VF-.

Though I am biased, my scanner is brutal on black covers, so the rubbing is somewhat exaggerated.

Wanted to make sure I was in the ballpark. :thumbsup:

Oh ok. Yeah some of those black covers are hard to scan well. As a matter of fact, I scanned a copy of that book today to sell and my scanner faded it out too. If you have Photoshop this is where the levels adjust works wonders to restore the actual blackness of a cover.

From what I've seen in the comic grading contests, moderns with that number of color breaking creases on the cover typically get an 8.5, but the rubbing will bring it down. I'd agree with most others here that its in the ballpark of a 7.5.