• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Curious; has anyone bought one of those mega-lots from Neat Stuff Collectibles?

10 posts in this topic

Specifically, one of those large lots they seem to sell quite frequently, like "Huge Marvel/DC Golden Silver Bronze Collection!"?

Honestly, looking at the tons of pics they post, and the sheer volume of books you get, I am intrigued to say the least. I have been reading the recent posts on here about boardies scoring large collections, and you kind of get caught up with them, and excited right along with them, as they uncover comic gold. I haven't had a score like that here in good 'ol Ohio for some time, thinking it would be kinda fun to go through a large collection like that.

The only downside is their lots can get pricey! So, anyone have any recent dealings with them, good, bad, indifferent?

Some boardies have bought some. I remember seeing names. Bid on a few and was the under bidder on some nice ones, but sometimes i cant understand why anyone would pay $4k-$10k on 1 longbox that has only 2 keys and filled with $5-$10 silver and bronze issues.

I wouldn't do it. You have to assume that these lots have been cherry picked. There may be a few good books in there to give the appearance of a "major score", but if you're thinking you're going to hit the jackpot you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

I wouldn't do it. You have to assume that these lots have been cherry picked. There may be a few good books in there to give the appearance of a "major score", but if you're thinking you're going to hit the jackpot you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

this

this

+1000

question: why would a major dealer sell lots of great books for a cheap price?

answer: they wouldn't