• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America #14 - Cap vs Winter Soldier - My loss is your gain Raw VF $25

13 posts in this topic

I made an offer on ebay on a Vault book and surprisingly the guy took the offer.

Now I know why. lol

I got the Vault book and once cracked open...it's not a 9.6. It's more like an 8.0 with a press.

So, my loss is your gain.

This will be shipped to you for $25.

First :takeit: wins

So you're saying Vault grading is ? Can't see any issues from that photo.

I'm waiting for the back photo to load onto photo bucket. There are at least 5 color breaking spine dings and a dent into the back cover that wasn't visible to me when I got the book.

So yes, it's total :censored::tonofbricks:

I paid more than twice my price so i'm the sucker...but that's okay. Live and learn.

At least all the pages are there and it's the comic under the cover.

It's a nice looking comic and worth the $25 because of what sells on ebay but this is no where close to a 9.6.

:)

I know it's hard to tell in the picture but on the bottom in the right light you can see these two dents in the back cover and one in the back corner. Pressing won't fix that so that's why I give it an 8.0.

A51CD310-A689-4AED-83E8-E5E009C1A84B_zpsxv6mdjb9.jpg

Wait, so you bought this book which was graded at 9.6 by that company called Vault, when you received it and cracked it open, by CGC standards it's closer to an 8.0? :shrug:

Yep, that's the story. I got it less for the going rate on ebay for a CGC 9.6 and now I know why. lol

It's worth $25 raw.

I'll take it , per our agreement 8.0 or not I'd like to have it for my collection. Sorry about vault messing you over or the ebay seller.
^^

Thanks and the eBay seller was cool. Just not a grading service I would ever use or buy again.

Enjoy!