• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB
14 14

1,088 posts in this topic

David --

Great, great, pickup. I had that one in my sights as well but decided not to bid due to bad timing (we are buying a house soon). Enjoy the heck out of that copy! Someday I'll join you in a similar white-paged copy...

Congrats!

Dan

Thanks Dan

lol. Trade it for your 6.0 AF 15! :baiting:

I really do appreciate the kinds words from you guys because in a few minutes I have to get on the phone and pay for this prize- hearing how nice it is from other collectors is reassuring.

Your copy is what my copy wants to be when it grows up!

I can relate as this copy has a baby brother that i give a lot of attention to as my reader copy. I try to tell it to stay just the way you are don't ever grow up!

I wouldn't sweat that $1250. I keep looking looking at the book and I know it has that whatever-it-is on the lower left corner but it's such a sharp looking copy.

By the way, and you might already know this, but I was looking for comparison copies on Heritage and found the same book sold for $23,302.50 in 2014.

And the back cover looks amazing.

NbfhJ6.jpg

INGowb.jpg

I wouldn't sweat that $1250. I keep looking looking at the book and I know it has that whatever-it-is on the lower left corner but it's such a sharp looking copy.

By the way, and you might already know this, but I was looking for comparison copies on Heritage and found the same book sold for $23,302.50 in 2014.

And the back cover looks amazing.

NbfhJ6.jpg

INGowb.jpg

Stellar copy man.

Thats a keeper

[font:Comic Sans MS]Here is my FF1. Solid & supple copy. I haven't sent it in to grade yet. Enjoying it raw. My conservative grade guess is perhaps a 3.0 with a strong lean towards 3.5.[/font]

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Roger66

Hey there --

Best estimate I have for SA comics like FF 1 is usually between 10 and 10 1/4 inches tall and about 6 3/4 inches wide...production might create some minor discrepancies, I suppose. When I get my new FF #1 in hand, I will measure it!

1.0 copies show a $1200 - $1600 spread on GPA and 0.5 copies about $1100, maybe less depending on eye appeal. I don't know what coverless might go for.

Dan

Hey there --

Best estimate I have for SA comics like FF 1 is usually between 10 and 10 1/4 inches tall and about 6 3/4 inches wide...production might create some minor discrepancies, I suppose. When I get my new FF #1 in hand, I will measure it!

1.0 copies show a $1200 - $1600 spread on GPA and 0.5 copies about $1100, maybe less depending on eye appeal. I don't know what coverless might go for.

Dan

Online it says standard size of a silver age book from that time is 7 1/8 X 10 1/2, are you saying this book much smaller than that?

No, I was just going off some trusted websites that deal with comics...if you have better information to answer your question, run with that. Meantime, I will get an official measurement of FF #1 when mine comes in and let you know.

Dan

No, I was just going off some trusted websites that deal with comics...if you have better information to answer your question, run with that. Meantime, I will get an official measurement of FF #1 when mine comes in and let you know.

Dan

Thanks Dan!

Another boardie just measured 3 of his coverless copies, but I assume they shouldn't be much different than a copy with a cover. "my 3 coverless copies are: 6-15/16" x 10-5/16". I think the cover might add another 1/16" to the height."

My AF15 is different again: 6 13/16 X 10 1/4 and my ASM 1 is different again: 6 7/8 X 10 3/16.

As we can see sizes on the early Marvel Silver Ages are all over the place, but your estimates were very close.

I'm little confused why issue 3 and onwards Fantastic Four referred to itself as a magazine? I know MAD called themselves a magazine to get around the comic code, so they could push the boundaries, but I doubt that was what FF was trying to do and they still had the comic code seal on the cover.