• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Wonderful Books

6 posts in this topic

Over on comiclink featured newest listings ... some books I consider special and unusual just popped up for sale ... in particular I liked the Church Fight 5 and that book sold fast. I was dreaming of how to buy it and that temptation melted in a hurry. I did find it interesting that the book was a 9.6 with a small cover seperation at the bottom of spine, more notable from the back view ... and also a decent dust shadow at the top back edge. Still a marvelous book <3 I was actually looking for an emoticon with the happy face guy with his tongue hanging out drooling ... but I didn't see one like that, so the heart will just have to do.

The Excitings are also really sharp, but the prices are stiff by historic standards ... although I think going forward after watching the recent Jungle prices at metropolis these are much better books ... out of my price range, but I enjoy looking and thought if you had not seen these books you might enjoy it too!

A couple of other notables are the Larson Fantastic 8 I love that cover ... but don't like the foxing ... and all around I just love the Allentown Whiz 8. Oh yeah ... the Prize 7 is cool to me as it has the early Superman ad on the back cover. I have no idea if that book is worth $15,000 ... but the early Superman on the back cover doesn't hurt.

I suppose these books are all coming up at the same time as they are from the same seller .... I definitely share similar tastes in comics.

I am always going after Fox books and a Larson Fantastic would be nice but its priced 50% higher than the last pedigreed 8.0 that sold fairly recently. There are much rarer books in that run that would justify that price however.