• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Disneyland ..... the happiest place on earth

38 posts in this topic

When I lived in Northern CA we would drive down at least once a year with friends and their kids. Did Christmas there one year and Halloween twice. My son still ask when we can go back (been gone 4 years). Always a blast. We usually did three or four nights. My only complaint is the food was so-so.

An adult two day park hopper ticket is $210. Thats $105 per day for two parks, which Is actually quite reasonable considering the amount of entertainment you are getting. Whats great about Disneyland is they let you bring in your own food and drinks, so you can save a bit there.

Yeah, the cost per day goes down the longer you stay. We did 10 days in 2012 (we did other stuff, too).

If you guys ever go to Disneyland, I suggest eating in downtown Disney instead. Food is much better and you have a vast amount of choices to dine in. Only thing that sucks is that depending on where you are located in the park, it might be a long walk. I love eating at the Rain Forrest Café. Fun for the kids as well as for adults.

I still use the term 'e-ticket ride'. People look at me strange sometimes.

Thats some serious epicness right there!

I'm a L.A. transplant myself, and when I was a kid my mom would take me and some friends there, buy us a book of tickets, give us five bucks, and drive away for a day of valium and wine at the beach, sans rugrats. What I remember most was running out of E,D,,and C tickets, and being relegated to running around Tom Sawyers Island until the sun went down. Personally I liked being ditched at Knott's Berry Farm better. I love my Mom, but she wasn't cut out for motherhood.

I am literally standing in line for the Spider-man attraction right now ....this is happening in real time people ! :whee:

lol

:applause:

I am literally standing in line for the Spider-man attraction right now ....this is happening in real time people ! :whee:

Thats when you know you are addicted to these forums. lol

Have fun on the Spidey attraction!

Thats when you know you are addicted to these forums. lol

Have fun on the Spidey attraction!

lol +1

When I lived in Northern CA we would drive down at least once a year with friends and their kids. Did Christmas there one year and Halloween twice. My son still ask when we can go back (been gone 4 years). Always a blast. We usually did three or four nights. My only complaint is the food was so-so.

If you haven't been to Disney World, you may want to give it a try. Been to both, and while DL is classic, there is a lot more to do at DW.

What's the difference between Disney Land and Disney World?

Not trying to be funny, I really don't know.

DL has two parks: Magic Kingdom and California Adventure

DW has four parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney Studios, and Animal Kingdom, as well as a couple of water parks

The DW Magic Kingdom is also larger than the DL Magic Kingdom. DW also has a much larger choice of on-property Disney-run hotels.

Now there are hardcore Disney fans who prefer DL, in part because they like the connection to Disney himself, who died before DW opened.

DW has four parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney Studios, and Animal Kingdom, as well as a couple of water parks

The DW Magic Kingdom is also larger than the DL Magic Kingdom. DW also has a much larger choice of on-property Disney-run hotels.

Now there are hardcore Disney fans who prefer DL, in part because they like the connection to Disney himself, who died before DW opened.

That would be me. There is definitely something magical about being in the same park that was Disney's baby. Being able to walk on the same streets Walt walked offers something special as well. Some even say you can feel the spirit of Walt at DL as opposed to DW. They always leave the light in Walt's apartment right above the fire station. I love that.

I also hear that the rides at DW are much more spread out, which requires more walking. I'm also under the impression that DW does not have an Indiana Jones ride, but a stunt show instead.

Btw, did you know that Doritos were invented at DL?

Aren't they tearing down Californialand and replacing it with a huge Star Wars theme park?

I haven't been to Disneyland in probably 15 years but I love the place.

I assume you mean California Adventure? There's no way they would tear that park down, especially after dropping a huge amount of money on Radiator Springs.

Tomorrowland, however, has plans to highly incorporate more Stars Wars themes.

That would be me. There is definitely something magical about being in the same park that was Disney's baby. Being able to walk on the same streets Walt walked offers something special as well. Some even say you can feel the spirit of Walt at DL as opposed to DW. They always leave the light in Walt's apartment right above the fire station. I love that.

I also hear that the rides at DW are much more spread out, which requires more walking. I'm also under the impression that DW does not have an Indiana Jones ride, but a stunt show instead.

The walking is a feature not a bug because it lets you burn off some of the calories you pack on in the restaurants! It's been quite a while since I've been to DL and I would like to go back. That's the problem when your kids grow up -- you can't use them as an excuse for going to Disney!

The walking is a feature not a bug because it lets you burn off some of the calories you pack on in the restaurants! It's been quite a while since I've been to DL and I would like to go back. That's the problem when your kids grow up -- you can't use them as an excuse for going to Disney!

I think that's the beauty of Disney though. It gives adults an opportunity to get in touch with their inner child. I think that was part of Walt's goal.