• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Round of 32

207 posts in this topic

Haha, I just realized I'm the lowest score to advance. Sorry crimebuster.

No, no. That's fine. Good luck in the next round. (thumbs u

Frankly, my takeaway from this exercise is that I now think my grading is better than CGC, because I have no idea what crack they were smoking on some of these grades.

The one I was sure I was the farthest off from was HFH and I actually got a bullseye, 9.6, by intentionally inflating my grade.

The others I wasn't even remotely close on. I was sure that GL #76 was a 5.5, as I own a CGC 5.5 myself that doesn't look any worse than this copy.

The Absolute Vertigo I had the low grade of 8.0 on because I'm not sure how rolling up a comic and sticking it in your back pocket counts as a production defect.

And the Atom I was even further off from, but that was honestly me not knowing how to grade that mid-spine split. So it's cool to get a lesson on it. Even if the actual grade still seems high to me given how much of the spine is split. But it's good to know.

Good luck everyone in the next round!

my picks were

AV 8.5

ATOM 3.0

GL 6.0

HFH 9.2

I tended to under grade but I felt good about these picks. I had a great time and was pretty pumped to make it this far. Congrats to sckao and good luck to everyone! I will keep following along.

Cheers!

(worship):wishluck::applause:

3 Bullsyeyes for me, that never happened to me before. But I really learned much from the last years, where I really sucked. It was not easy to think outside the box and learn, how the CGC grading works compared to the Overstreet grading guide or just our own perception of which defects could or could not be in a specific grade.

But who knows what's happening next, I could be out in the next round with the lowest points. But I'm really exited to advance to the final 16. Never thought I could do it, mission accomplished.

Good Luck everybody for the next round and thanks to all participants for making this a fun and exciting tournament!

one bullseye all the rest within .2-.5 of a grade! I thought this was gonna be the round that did me in..but it looks like i'm going against someone who has been spot on most rds...could pull off the upset though!

Congrats; looks like you did better on the Atom than I did, which decided the match.

Close match! Here is what I had

AV 9.2

ATOM 4.0

GL 7.0

HFH 9.4

Here's what I had:

AV -- 9.0

ATOM -- 2.5

GL -- 6.5

HFH -- 9.2

With the ATOM coming in at 3.5, it was the deciding factor! Otherwise, we each had: 1 Bullseye, 1 within .2, and 1 within .5.

:news:ANSWER KEY :news:

AV - 9.2

ATOM - 3.5

GL 6.5

HFH 9.6

well my grades rounds 1 and 2 were so-so and i didn't make it past the first...

but still playing at home and bullseyed everything but the Atom which i gave a 4.0 this round :frustrated: