• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C2E2 + April 24-26, 2015, It's Never To Early.

237 posts in this topic

C2E2 is a pop culture show. It is not a comic buying show.

I would completely disagree with this. Practically every major dealer is at the show. Many, many smaller guys and local stores as well. I would estimate there are at least 50 - 60 booths which the majority of there inventory is comics.

I am doing great so far and so are most of the other dealers that I have spoken too.

Sounds like its a great show to sell books but not the best show to buy books if that makes sense. I've been to a couple shows where the Dealers were all smiling and happy but I left with only a couple books since the prices on the books were sky high. I keep hearing Heroes is a great show for buying books but I'll see in a couple months.

I would completely disagree with this. Practically every major dealer is at the show. Many, many smaller guys and local stores as well. I would estimate there are at least 50 - 60 booths which the majority of there inventory is comics.

I am doing great so far and so are most of the other dealers that I have spoken too.

It's no Heroes, Baltimore or WW Chicago.

Sounds like its a great show to sell books but not the best show to buy books if that makes sense. I've been to a couple shows where the Dealers were all smiling and happy but I left with only a couple books since the prices on the books were sky high. I keep hearing Heroes is a great show for buying books but I'll see in a couple months.

Murphy's Law ......

Best Shows For Buying Books are the ones I was unable to attend...... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Anyone has some closing thoughts or is everyone planning on posting up a con review. I'd love to see some pictures for the event.

We had a great time and sold a ton of books. Thanks to everyone who came by. Other than some minor snafus during load out the Reed folks put on a top-notch show with C2E2. It is definitely more of a pop culture show than some of the other conventions but they managed to attract a large number of comic book collectors who were looking to buy.

We had a great time and sold a ton of books. Thanks to everyone who came by. Other than some minor snafus during load out the Reed folks put on a top-notch show with C2E2. It is definitely more of a pop culture show than some of the other conventions but they managed to attract a large number of comic book collectors who were looking to buy.

:applause:

This is a show I'd like to check out at some point. I'd hoped to go this year but it wasn't in the cards.

When you say pop culture, do you mean creators also? I thought there were a somewhat minimal amount of non comic related people there. Artist alley was ginormous though. Did not notice lots and lots of celebrities like I would at a Wizard show.

That said, there were a ton of vintage comic dealers in the room and some heavy hitter OA dealers also. Plenty for collectors to buy in the room. Weirdly, it felt like fewer small or local dealers than at Wizard Chicago.

Nice, wide aisles with carpet made getting around pleasant. Crowds were steady and good sized. With the location where it is, this show will just never feel like Wizard in Rosemont. Too many people are spread out around town. Cabs are $15 or so each way to get to the Loop area where most people were. But downtown Chicago offers lot of dining and entertainment choices.

Some pics:

Front of hall on Thursday during setup.

E28D642E-25EB-41FB-84E0-FCEA7FC085F4_zpsyxotpicb.jpg

Back of hall at the same time.

A71C9835-EFFE-4379-99FB-4339692E76F4_zpsy2z1abcr.jpg

Marvel.

45019CC0-2389-4437-8B09-2DF3483F771A_zpsxgyrx4qv.jpg

A feeding frenzy at Ted's booth Thursday afternoon.

92999C48-D1F3-4938-8F93-A2793D545EAC_zpscdqt7ikq.jpg

B861063B-8DF3-41C0-8845-7B6652AE2F3F_zpsopmmoyo4.jpg

Front of the hall on Friday before the show opened.

6007D372-482A-44DD-8DEE-EBA4766AFE99_zpslerlsuxv.jpg

The only costume pic I took.

4D524C05-1654-4135-81F0-D0C30CE37D07_zpsekid6bpo.jpg

When you say pop culture, do you mean creators also? I thought there were a somewhat minimal amount of non comic related people there. Artist alley was ginormous though. Did not notice lots and lots of celebrities like I would at a Wizard show.

That said, there were a ton of vintage comic dealers in the room and some heavy hitter OA dealers also. Plenty for collectors to buy in the room. Weirdly, it felt like fewer small or local dealers than at Wizard Chicago.

Nice, wide aisles with carpet made getting around pleasant. Crowds were steady and good sized. With the location where it is, this show will just never feel like Wizard in Rosemont. Too many people are spread out around town. Cabs are $15 or so each way to get to the Loop area where most people were. But downtown Chicago offers lot of dining and entertainment choices.

Some pics:

Front of hall on Thursday during setup.

E28D642E-25EB-41FB-84E0-FCEA7FC085F4_zpsyxotpicb.jpg

Back of hall at the same time.

A71C9835-EFFE-4379-99FB-4339692E76F4_zpsy2z1abcr.jpg

Marvel.

45019CC0-2389-4437-8B09-2DF3483F771A_zpsxgyrx4qv.jpg

A feeding frenzy at Ted's booth Thursday afternoon.

92999C48-D1F3-4938-8F93-A2793D545EAC_zpscdqt7ikq.jpg

B861063B-8DF3-41C0-8845-7B6652AE2F3F_zpsopmmoyo4.jpg

Front of the hall on Friday before the show opened.

6007D372-482A-44DD-8DEE-EBA4766AFE99_zpslerlsuxv.jpg

The only costume pic I took.

4D524C05-1654-4135-81F0-D0C30CE37D07_zpsekid6bpo.jpg

Thanks for the report and pictures! Was Ted giving out crack and hookers with every purchase? Looks like every shark in the room was there. Ted is a great guy and one of my favorite dealers. I bought a lot from him at WonderCon. Glad you did well!

This was my first C2E2 in a few years, and I have to say that I was a bit disappointed.

It looked very ... second rate. The publisher booths at the front seemed slap-dash, there were too many people selling (swords, bad prints, toys that nobody cared about) and the dealer area was pushed to the side as almost out-of-sight, out-of-mind.

I don't know what else I expected, though. The first couple of C2E2s I attended were in the room at McCormick Place that was very open and bright. This seemed much darker by comparison. Unfortunately (or fortunately for Reed), it's grown out of that space.