• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Shops - Memphis

21 posts in this topic

Comics and Collectibles is definitely worth visiting. It's on Poplar Ave.

I've not been to any other shops in Memphis in 10 years, but C&C used to be the only place worth spending time at.

Have a safe trip. (thumbs u

Don't forget to see Graceland.

IMG_1110.jpg

Possibly the most disappointing waste of time you could imagine.

Unless your love of Elvis is so great that you would die if you didn't go, then I would skip it.

Unless your love of Elvis is so great that you would die if you didn't go, then I would skip it.

Thanks Man. I like Elvis but not that much.

Then you'll spend your time better by flipping through the boxes at C&C.

As for things to do in Memphis, be sure you get some barbecue. Other than that, try not to get shot.

Completely agree on Comics and Collectibles. Great place, great staff.

Completely disagree on Graceland - I thought it was pretty cool. Unless you actively hate Elvis Presley, you should appreciate it. It does require advance booking and the tour takes some time. You can skip everything but the mansion (small by today's rock star standards) unless you are a huge fan.

If you are in to the history of rock and roll also check out Sun Records Studio Tour, Rock and Soul Museum, and Stax Records Museum. Gibson Guitar factory is also there, but I haven't been. National Civil Rights Museum (Loraine Hotel) is pretty moving.

Completely agree on Comics and Collectibles. Great place, great staff.

Completely disagree on Graceland - I thought it was pretty cool. Unless you actively hate Elvis Presley, you should appreciate it. It does require advance booking and the tour takes some time. You can skip everything but the mansion (small by today's rock star standards) unless you are a huge fan.

If you are in to the history of rock and roll also check out Sun Records Studio Tour, Rock and Soul Museum, and Stax Records Museum. Gibson Guitar factory is also there, but I haven't been. National Civil Rights Museum (Loraine Hotel) is pretty moving.

To each their own. I'd rather be boiled in acid than to waste the time to go through Graceland again.

What's worse than going through Graceland is the fact that you have to go through it with people who are nutballs, guaranteed. If there was a no-wait, no-freaks, abridged tour day, it might be worth the time you'd spend blowing through there.

I will agree to the Sun Records tour. That's worth seeing.

Be sure to pack a kevlar vest.

Another vote for Comics & Collectibles. The only shop in Memphis I visit.

It really is a fantastic shop. (thumbs u

Really? I've never been there,but I'm a huge Elvis fan.

Me too, its always been high (very high) on my to see list when I start to travel in a few years.

Comics and Collectables is the oldest shop that is still open. The only shop I have my hold box with. As for BBQ there are many options, depends on what type you like. Rendezvous, Interstate, Corky & Central come to mind. If you goto to Graceland stay close to the tourist bubble otherwise yes you will need Kevlar.

Really? I've never been there,but I'm a huge Elvis fan.

Me too, its always been high (very high) on my to see list when I start to travel in a few years.

It's on my bucket list. :preach:

Graceland is cool. I have been 2 times in last 5 years and yes I am a big Elvis fan.

I recommend Comic Cellar over Comics and Collectables. It has been a few years since I have been in either store but the C & C owners seemed to have an attitude.

I would make sure to check out both stores as it has been a while since I have visited.

Jason who owns Comic Cellar really acts like he appreciates your business.

Comic Cellar Facebook page

I've never been to Comic Cellar, but did consider it the last time I was in Memphis. Looks like I'll have to stop there next time I'm in town.

I've never had a problem with the attitudes in C&C. They've always been good to me when I stop.