• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Comic Show - August 17th 2014 (Canada B.C.)

17 posts in this topic

I have handed out this flyer to most of the comic/toy vendors at the huge Abbotsford, BC flea market and larger 3.5 day Calgary expo. The 3 vendors that were at the Comic Finders booths # 514, 515 at Calgary expo and all our comic/toy selling buddies will support this new Vancouver show that we hope to grow into the 'Red and White' (Calgary) con of Vancouver. Our tables are already booked.

The 2 brothers running this convention has already made the rounds to hand out flyers and solicit tables at all the Lower Mainland (Vancouver area) comic/toy retailers including the huge (thumbs u Cloverdale flea market and 2 day New Westminster antique and collectibles show last weekend.

More comicon info:

http://www.canadiancomics.net/comicshow.html

"Featuring the Pedigree Collection of Mr Magik Woo. One of the finest quality vintage comic collections on the planet. Available to the public for the first time in over 2 decades!"

What's up with this collection? Any idea what's in it? Or overhyped?

Don't bother, as all the big books will just be scans.

OK. hm

Um... OK, but I got to say - why put this sentences all hyped up on the pamphlets in the first place? If you say the big books are just scans, then I fail to see the point of printing these words there. :makepoint:

Anyway... I better stuff up my piggy bank now to smash later for the big day. (:

"Featuring the Pedigree Collection of Mr Magik. One of the finest quality vintage comic collections on the planet. Available to the public for the first time in over 2 decades!"

Well, the real JIM 83 and AF 15 were at Calgary expo from this nice collection. He got a solid cash offer (no trade) of $45k from a TO high roller in Calgary a few days ago. Harley made a competitive cash offer for his JIM 83 one year ago, so if Harley is interested, the JIM 83 must be a choice copy.

Center tables are only $60 for huge 8' wide x 3' deep table. Compare this to the shrunken size of your Vancouver Fan Expo 8' x 8' wide booth that had 25% the attendance of Calgary expo (about 85k fans) and 10% of Calgary's media, artists, inkers, independent press guests.

Center tables are only $60 for huge 8' wide x 3' deep table. Compare this to the shrunken size of your Vancouver Fan Expo 8' x 8' wide booth that had 25% the attendance of Calgary expo (about 85k fans) and 10% of Calgary's media, artists, inkers, independent press guests.
Is it just tables or are you able to bring display racks as well?.. Makes it kind of harder to sell graphic novels & cgc & even figures at a con with only table space... I'm interested in this con I did not get much comic hunting done at fan expo I was simply not in the mood to hunt through random long boxes & there was too many other things going on at fan expo as well to spend a lot of time on comics

If u plan to bring your own wall rack, I recommend u upgrade to a wall table at $75 so that there is no one behind your display to bump it :tonofbricks:. A bit tight right behind vendor if u have inside table placement. Table layout is same as the Croation Cultural Ctr collectibles flea market. Comicon room is the one with the stage at the back of the rectangular hall.

"Featuring the Pedigree Collection of Mr Magik Woo. One of the finest quality vintage comic collections on the planet. Available to the public for the first time in over 2 decades!"

Are these going to be for sale or just show? Is this guy from Canada?

Magik is a long time comic collector from Vancouver area. He's pretty eccentric but has the goods. Apparently he was a big spender type collector many years ago.

For those interested in seeing 130 independent press artists, inkers, writers in Yaletown's Roundhouse, Vancouver, admission will be FREE for this 2 day festival May 24/14. More info here:

http://www.vancaf.com

For mainstream comics, visit Heritage Hall that same weekend on Sun. May 25/14. For paper collectibles, visit the Croation Cultural Centre flea market also on that exact same day Sun. May 25/14. You can also scout out the layout of floor space for the Vancouver Comic Show that will be held there Sun. Aug 17/14.

Yes, Vancouver is NUTZ and has 3 collectibles shows on the same weekend and it is not even summer time yet. :frustrated:

Magik is a long time comic collector from Vancouver area. He's pretty eccentric but has the goods. Apparently he was a big spender type collector many years ago.

Greggy's doppelganger?