• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adam West/Burt Ward/Julie Newmar

57 posts in this topic

He has a right to personalise it. If you don't like that, then don't pay for it. Simple.

True, but at that price point at least give the customer the option or opportunity to pay more for no personalization. My issue is not giving the customer the option, especially if they are willing to pay more. As well, he should have clear pricing stating that all sigs include a personalization. I have been told that he questions peoples names for personalization, I guess too many people named Bruce.

If he is charging $80-$85 a pop, doesn't the customer have the right to profit off his name as well?

My problem is charging those prices when to be completely honest, Adam West is probably a B-List celebrity at best. For that price, I think he's alienating his fan base, including the ones who aren't looking to just flip and make a profit from his name. If I had to choose between a West or Shatner signature for that kind of money, then I'm going with Kirk, not Bruce.

Personally I want his sig for my own personal collection and have no intention of flipping, but have never been a fan of personalization. Again my issue is give the customer the option or charge them more for the option. Many artists and celebrities couldn't care less what you do with their sig, because once you pay their price you are free to do with it as you please. I understand him wanting his share, but $80-$85 for a B list celebrity is a fair share. Why limit your ability to do with the book as you please once he gets his fare share. If he was that concerned wouldn't he only personalize fans books and then sell himself non personalized books on eBay too increase his cut?

Personally I want his sig for my own personal collection and have no intention of flipping, but have never been a fan of personalization. Again my issue is give the customer the option or charge them more for the option. Many artists and celebrities couldn't care less what you do with their sig, because once you pay their price you are free to do with it as you please. I understand him wanting his share, but $80-$85 for a B list celebrity is a fair share. Why limit your ability to do with the book as you please once he gets his fare share. If he was that concerned wouldn't he only personalize fans books and then sell himself non personalized books on eBay too increase his cut?

+1... I want his signature for my collection and not a fan of personalized books. We all have tough times, lose interest and for me everything is for sale for the right price.

If he is charging $80-$85 a pop, doesn't the customer have the right to profit off his name as well?

My problem is charging those prices when to be completely honest, Adam West is probably a B-List celebrity at best. For that price, I think he's alienating his fan base, including the ones who aren't looking to just flip and make a profit from his name. If I had to choose between a West or Shatner signature for that kind of money, then I'm going with Kirk, not Bruce.

I would go with Adam West. In the past 15 years I would say West has had a better career than Shatner.

I would go with Adam West. In the past 15 years I would say West has had a better career than Shatner.

Yea but those Priceline options trump all

I disagree about Shatner's career vs. West's. The only noteworthy work West has done in the past 15 years has primarily been voice work. Shatner is much more recognizable to the average person and has been on other longer running TV shows like Boston Legal. But that's just my 2c

Also those Priceline commercials :lol:

I disagree about Shatner's career vs. West's. The only noteworthy work West has done in the past 15 years has primarily been voice work. Shatner is much more recognizable to the average person and has been on other longer running TV shows like Boston Legal. But that's just my 2c

What science fiction/young fan is going to care about Boston Legal. Adam West is on Family Guy nuff said.

What science fiction/young fan is going to care about Boston Legal. Adam West is on Family Guy nuff said.

I'm just referring to actual acting career, relevance, and recognizability.

Other than playing Batman 50 years ago, Adam West isn't as recognizable or in the public eye as much as someone like Shatner or Nimoy to command such high prices at cons without offering the option to not have a personalized signature. I doubt the majority of people that are willing to pay the high price for his signature do it because he does a voice on Family Guy. If that was the case then people like Billy West would be charging twice as much because of their voice work. The real draw to see Adam West is because he played Batman.