• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gotham, 1939. When BATMAN, Hugo Strange and Solomon Grundy.....wow

17 posts in this topic

For the 75th anniversary of Batman, Bruce Timm (BTAS still is the best animated series ever made imo) went all out and produced this awesome GA Batman short clip! A blonde beauty is kidnaped by Solomon Grundy (?) and brought to the secret laboratory of Dr. Hugo Strange on top of a hill, only to be rescued by the one and only, dark, pre-Robin Batman. This clip rocks!

Nicely done! Though it would have been cooler if he'd harpooned Strange in the chest and reeled him back with the girl, as I'm not sure how the physics work in having it wrap around her wrist.

It was fun to watch the Superman short clip last year, showing his "evolution" throughout the years, but it was more of a synoptical trailer than a real story.

This Batman clip however did make my GA heart skip a beat. The incorporation of all the dark late 30's elements that define the early Batman, the Tec 29 and 31 cover and Tec 33 splash flairs, the drama, the mist, the dark vibe of Gotham....it's all there. It was an excellent idea to concentrate on one specific aspect of Batman making it almost feel like an entire story. Calling in Conroy to speak Batman's two words was an extra cherry on top.

They should have BTAS cartoon again... I mean seriously this is a freaking no-brainer. It is what got me into Batman as heavily as I am today. I'm not sure if the writers, voice actors, and WB are on the same page, however.... It would be seriously the biggest return of any character since Jesus on Easter Sunday.