• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

10 Awesome Comic Book TV Shows in Development

Shows I am excitedly waiting on.  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Shows I am excitedly waiting on.

22 posts in this topic

You forgot Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Daredevil & Iron Fist, all ready to start production in the summer at Broadway Stages in Brooklyn. Gotham is starting up again in June too..

The article has them all lumped under 'The Defenders' because of where it is believed this is heading.

This is the big one, because in truth, it’s not just a single series, but five of them. Featuring four different characters. Marvel’s master-plan kicks off with a Daredevil 13-episode series, which will be followed by shows revolving around Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage, all of which will be set in New York’s Hell’s Kitchen. Much like ‘Phase 1’ of the Marvel movies leading into The Avengers, these four shows will culminate in team-up mini-series The Defenders, meaning that Netflix will be pumping out superhero series for years to come.

:foryou:

10 Awesome Comic Book TV Shows Currently in Development

It is definitely a great time to be a member of the comic book hobby right now. And these shows are quite exciting if they deliver as promised.

Which are on your hit list?

Scalped by far with Defenders second for nostalgic reasons.

You forgot Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Daredevil & Iron Fist, all ready to start production in the summer at Broadway Stages in Brooklyn. Gotham is starting up again in June too..

The article has them all lumped under 'The Defenders' because of where it is believed this is heading.

This is the big one, because in truth, it’s not just a single series, but five of them. Featuring four different characters. Marvel’s master-plan kicks off with a Daredevil 13-episode series, which will be followed by shows revolving around Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage, all of which will be set in New York’s Hell’s Kitchen. Much like ‘Phase 1’ of the Marvel movies leading into The Avengers, these four shows will culminate in team-up mini-series The Defenders, meaning that Netflix will be pumping out superhero series for years to come.

:foryou:

Will these tie into the Marvel Movie Universe?

Marvel confirms Netflix series will be set in cinematic universe

While there’s a lot of excitement surrounding the four upcoming, original series Marvel Entertainment is partnering with Netflix to produce, the project has also raised some questions about the shows’ place in the greater Marvel cinematic universe. According to Marvel Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada, fans have nothing to worry about, as the four series — and the tie-in series that brings them all together — will all exist within the same universe as The Avengers movie-verse and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. television series.

“There will be some interconnectivity, much like the movies,” explained Quesada on Kevin Smith’s “Fat Man on Batman” podcast. “They will exist within the cinematic universe again.”

Marvel confirms Netflix series will be set in cinematic universe

While there’s a lot of excitement surrounding the four upcoming, original series Marvel Entertainment is partnering with Netflix to produce, the project has also raised some questions about the shows’ place in the greater Marvel cinematic universe. According to Marvel Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada, fans have nothing to worry about, as the four series — and the tie-in series that brings them all together — will all exist within the same universe as The Avengers movie-verse and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. television series.

“There will be some interconnectivity, much like the movies,” explained Quesada on Kevin Smith’s “Fat Man on Batman” podcast. “They will exist within the cinematic universe again.”

Cheers. That is excellent news.

:applause:

I was interested in the iZombie show until I read what they are going to do with it.
+1 Pretty much a worse case scenario outlook on that one.

Yeah, I agree totally. I don't see the point in keeping that name if they are going to change it that much.

Preacher is the only one I have any remote interest in.

I'd like to see how far AMC can push the envelope on that one.

Not even remotely like the comic did, I would expect.

That would hurt me a great deal. I LOVED that series.

That would hurt me a great deal. I LOVED that series.

Me too.